Closed Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chris - seems like a sticky one this time! For your bt. How did it look this morning?

Mrsmac - thinking of you hope you feeling better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris, hello and welcome. That sounds promising, hoping this little one is your sticky one

MrsMac, hope you are recovering well. Yes, that describes a natural cycle FET

Em, Ann, Octoberbaby, MrsErinR, TeamPanda, Kelly, Bertie and everyone else

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-02-2014),mrsmac123  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chris, well you sure are due a break this time. What a journey this ttc is. Crossing everything for you!

I'm just on my way to my final counseling apt with MIVF, then I'm on the waiting list for a sperm donor. Currently 8-10 weeks wait but could come down to 6. So just want to get started now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hi

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to share - I'm heading off for my first FET in about 20 minutes and very excited. n the last 12 months I've done a frozen ooctyte cycle, 3 ivf cycles (1 failure, 1 pregnancy lost due to downs, 1 cancelled), and now starting to use the frosties... This morning they were at 3 days old, 6 cell and 8 cell and these were some of the faster growing ones from my earlier ivf cycles so I'm hopeful.. These two werent implanted during the fresh cycles as they both developed faster than their mates so they had no similar sized mate for transfer - my clinic likes to put in 2 that are pretty much the same development stage. Wish me luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to share - I'm heading off for my first FET in about 20 minutes and very excited. n the last 12 months I've done a frozen ooctyte cycle, 3 ivf cycles (1 failure, 1 pregnancy lost due to downs, 1 cancelled), and now starting to use the frosties... This morning they were at 3 days old, 6 cell and 8 cell and these were some of the faster growing ones from my earlier ivf cycles so I'm hopeful.. These two werent implanted during the fresh cycles as they both developed faster than their mates so they had no similar sized mate for transfer - my clinic likes to put in 2 that are pretty much the same development stage. Wish me luck !
    I'm a bit despondant now, the 6 cell hadnt progressed since this morning, so may have arrested but they cant know for sure, and the 8 cell one is progressing and is starting to compact but has some fragmentation so they graded them both as 'fair'. Only time will tell now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    leyshoja, hello and welcome! You're still in with a chance: my FS refers to all that as the "embryo beauty contest" and that the best looking ones aren't necessarily the ones that go on to make babies. My embie that tested as normal wasn't the best looking of the bunch, but was the only one of that lot to definitively have potential. for your transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome. POAS was slightly darker again today so still hopeful!

Leyshoja dont lose hope yet. Two of my friends both have ivf babies now that started as not great looking embies. You just never know. Ive got everything crossed 4 u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja, definitely don't give up hope! I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with a Day 3, 8 cell with 30% (moderate) fragmentation. I gave it absolutely no hope. It's true that you really don't know which one is going to work. I had textbook blasts that were BFN, and then a pregnancy with this unlikely embryo. Keep the faith

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the positive stories guys, that gives me some hope. I've already got my backup plan in place so if all doesn't go well I can still look forward to next month when I will use the two which were frozen when I was 40 (so only a 1 year improvement, but still...). Those ones are twice frozen, once as eggs, then again as embryos, but I doubt that makes any difference, and they are both 8 cells so well progressed.
    I keep looking at the photo of my embies from yesterday and to me they actually look pretty good - uniform cells and not that much fragmentation, so I'm still disappointed in the assessment. I cant help but wonder if their grading system is just poor/fair/good and I'm right in the middle...

Chris is sounds like you are onto a winner - congratulations !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've since found out that the one embryo that was compacting had vacuoles. A bit of internet research this morning tells me that is bad news. I don't suppose anyone know of a pregnancy from an embryo with vacuoles?