Closed Thread
Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At my clinic the progesterone support is included in the price' but I think that's what they charge per box if you lose yours. I'm on pregnyl this time. I prefer that to crinone, and I'll also be using 400mg pessaries 2x a day.

The wine thing is hard. I don't drink once I start jabbing, but allow myself , probably 4 or so glasses a week during non stim. After a year of cycling and failure after failure I just have to get on with things. While I understand it can have an effect, so can lots of other things, and all of my friends have drunk up to finding out they're pregnant and had no issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JUAMA do the fet. My friend had 2 embryos tested and both came back inconclusive and she is now 20 weeks pregnant. Leyshoja I think do what you are comfortable with. During my ivf cycles I cut out all alcohol and coffee. So Ive basically not drunk for about 3 years in total. You get use to it. Chris good luck today. I also have a growth scan today at 33 weeks and I still worry. The worry doesn't ever leave you, unfortunately.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Chris and Panda. Hope all went well!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for advice about the Crinone. It was included in a cycle, but that cycle produced no embies, hence why I pretty much had two full boxes of it left. I never realised it was so expensive!! On previous cycles I've had pregnyl and pessaries, but this cycle just the pregnyl. But I've been using the crinone once a day since ET, and do feel better as the active ingredient is about the same as the pessaries that I've been on before. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J - do the transfer! You just never know, you could have yourself a little fighter there!

That crinone is bloody expensive, I had to buy some on my first pregnancy when I started to spot. Because I'd had a positive pregnancy test and was at about 7 weeks, it wasn't included in my ivf price any more ... buying it was a shock, and it didn't save the pregnancy (which turned out to be ectopic). It's still in my fridge cos I can't bear to throw it out till its hits its use-by.

Yesterday my friend had a baby, a little girl and she now has my name - so cool

Hubby gave his sample in Greece today - they said it was "excellent" - he's so proud! chuckles! Apparently the clinic was awesome and it was a totally different experience to the place we went last time. Hurrah! I'm feeling really good about this cycle! Only 4(and a bit) weeks to go till I'm there myself Time is flying!

As for wine - I'm heading out for dinner tonight and definitely having 2 glasses of wine! I've asked all my FS's (I've had three) and they've all said a few glasses when not on a cycle is just fine, just back off while stimming or pregnant because the effects of that level of drinking is unknown (as opposed to boozing which is definitely bad). You've got to live, life can't stop for this. Let's face it, us IVF'ers pay far more attention to every aspect of our health while TTC than 98% of the pregnant population and they seem to manage just fine (lucky devils!).

Someone was having a 7 week scan today - how did it go? All ok?

Happy Friday everyone!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for you thoughts today! Scan went really well. I still can't believe it. Measuring at the right measurements with a heartbeat of 150. I cried before I went into the scan (from nerves), during the scan, and then even after the scan. I'm an emotional mess. I still feel like I'm a contestant in the Hunger Games waiting to be killed off at each level, but I'm so much more hopeful. I'm finally starting to believe that after nearly 7 years of TTC that this just might be our lucky sticky one. I can't stop looking at the little picture they gave me.

Leyshoja - I also enjoy a glass of wine, and have tried everything over the years. Having one or two glasses a week. Not drinking at all for months at a time etc. In the last 6 months I decided although I wouldn't go overboard I would enjoy a glass of wine at least once a week. So that what's I've had, every Friday night I would have 1-2 glasses with my girlfriends. Having said that I never drank during a cycle, and usually tried not to have any alcohol too close to the start of a cycle eg. usually stop 2 weeks before.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you Chris - awesome news! After hearing a heartbeat the odds increase dramatically for a successful pregnancy although at 34 weeks I'm still waiting for something to go wrong so I certainly can relate! I have been anxious my entire pregnancy. When you wait so long, it's hard to get too excited. Hang in there, 5 weeks until the 12 week magic milestone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Team Panda how did your scan go yesterday? Hope all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Yay! Yay! for Chris9!!!! Woot woot! So happy for you! May it continue to go smoothly until you're holding a little bundle of chaos in your arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vixjc, I really hope this is the cycle for you too. I have everything crossed for you.