Closed Thread
Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No Answers - CGH Results

Hi Everyone, I got the call today in regards to the aCGH test of the two embryos that they pushed to day 6 (they wanted the embryos to be almost hatching to take the cells!) and was told "unfortunately the result is inconclusive"....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently "this is very rare" blah blah blah!. Never have they "taken embryos for testing and all come back inconclusive". Well why me? Through this entire 18 month IVF journey I have never had an answer to anything. So now what?, what do you want to do I am asked. I have no f...ing idea i reply. Do I risk putting the embyros in and risk another blighted ovum (D&C) or MC, or do another egg collection and pray for another blasto? SPoke with FS this evening and he told me to do a FET with both embryos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Juama - im really sorry you couldnt get an answer on your embies. That really sux. Id definately do the FET. You just never know if there might be a good one in there.

I currently did 2 cycles to stockpile for PGD and after all that didnt get the numbers to make it worth testing. Did an FET with the 2 I did get and im going for my 7 week scan today. I also remember being in your position thinking do I risk using them and having another mc, but whatever happens today im still glad I used them.

AFM -ive finally made it to the 7 wk scan today. Im petrified. Scan isnt until 3.30 so its going to be a long day. Just praying I finally have some good news and everything is growing as it should be.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chris9. My fingers and toes are crossed for you xx you'll be fine. How exciting for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck for the scan today Chris.
    JUAMA I'd do the FET, as Chris said, you never know... it sounds very stressful and confusing.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Appreciate your thoughts... at first clinic (2 cycles with Next Gen) they prescribed Crinone for Progesterone support. At second clinic (5 cycles at IVFA) they prescribed Pessaries for progesterone support. Here at clinic number 3 (one and only cycle at Fert First) they said no, they don't think either does anything. Now I've had the transfer, I'm wondering whether I should have pushed the issue. I don't have any pessaries left, but I do have two boxes on Crinone... should I use them?
    YES !!! Definitely use it - especially after that news story this week about progesterone supplements helping to maintain early pregnancy (in normal non-ivf women). And agree, it definitely cant hurt !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I agree, and Crinone is too expensive NOT to use! Lol.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone. Does anyone have any thoughts on alcohol PRE-pregnancy? I've read that in the 20-90 days before ovulation any alcohol affects the egg quality. Also, that anything more than 2 drinks per week is considered 'moderate' drinking and 'moderate' drinking has been shown to reduce fertility by 60% !! Really ?? I could understand a night of binge drinking affecting the quality as you are saturating your blood with high amounts of a toxin, but surely not if you keep the levels low, say 1 drink per hour over a couple of hours (thus keeping your blood alcohol % really low) ... This really bums me, because I like my wine and sometimes during this process, it helps. My fs has said there is no proof because how can you get reliable data, but to abstain would obviously be better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JUAMA View Post
    Hi Everyone, I got the call today in regards to the aCGH test of the two embryos that they pushed to day 6 (they wanted the embryos to be almost hatching to take the cells!) and was told "unfortunately the result is inconclusive"....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently "this is very rare" blah blah blah!. Never have they "taken embryos for testing and all come back inconclusive". Well why me? Through this entire 18 month IVF journey I have never had an answer to anything. So now what?, what do you want to do I am asked. I have no f...ing idea i reply. Do I risk putting the embyros in and risk another blighted ovum (D&C) or MC, or do another egg collection and pray for another blasto? SPoke with FS this evening and he told me to do a FET with both embryos.
    Boy how frustrating ! I hope they gave you a refund !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the embryo testing I mean. Definitely do a transfer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I've just been looking at my price list and noticed that crinone is $200 per box !!! Agree !! Its too expensive to NOT use !! Btw Luveris is the additional injectible I'll be starting on with the next cycle. So 10 days on 450 gonal-f (double dose on the first couple of days) with luveris on the same 10 days (dont know the dose yet). Boy I hope it gives me some better results.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014)