Closed Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi. Vixjc my pt won't let me get away with not exercising when injured either, but I only do pt twice a week and I normally exercise every day. I put on 4kgs last much last cycle (in nov) and it has been hard to shift. I've gotten nearly 3 kgs off while on dhea as well so it's not too bad, but I'm going to be on prednisolone this cycle as well so I'll have to be careful not to put too much on!

I exercise all the way up to transfer and then during tww walk only as well as my two pt sessions (they lower the heaviness of the weights and take it a little easier) my FS recommends keeping up exercising during a cycle.

This tww I'll be camping so not really exercising but we will be doing a lot of hiking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wicked devils those pt's! I put on 3kgs last cycle - lost 1.5, the other 1.5 has decided it would like to hang around grrr It's like turning 40 made it harder to shift! Just like turning 30 did - or maybes its just that I drink more shiraz these days ... But I'm the same as you during a cycle - walk and gentle pt pre and post transfer, increase blood to the uterus etc ... but walking just doesn't feel like exercising, even when I go hard enough to work up a sweat ... and it seems my butt agrees! When I'm in Greece on my own for the week of transfer I'm planning on 2 walks a day. Otherwise I'll get cabin fever!

I'll be on prednisolone this cycle - I've never had it before (was on dexamethasone), is Pred one of the ones that causes some weight/fluid gain? I'm using an app to track my food and exercise calories - hopefully that will prevent me from gaining weight from being indulgent but blaming it on the meds instead

I figure I gotta lose my extra pud now cos after April I'm gonna be preggers and it'll be no more exercise till I'm gasping, and all gentle exercise instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Vijxc!
    & hello SpringRain. Thanks for thinking of me. I hope your move goes well & AF is just around the corner
    I'm interested in the weight gain discussion. I read the average weight gain is around 2kg's a cycle which makes me very average . The last cycle I put ion a lot of weight given that it turned into a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I was hoping to lose the weight before cycling again but lost the exercise motivation. I usually only exercise up to egg transfer then stop. I know it's silly as the FS says it's ok to continue what you are doing after the first couple of days but I get over cautious....anyway, I hear what you say about the muumuu. If anyone happens to find my exercise mojo....
    :wave to everyone & all the very best MrsErinR for tomorrow!!!! Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow MrsErinR, hope transfer goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Mrs Erin!

I had some cycles where I put on a few kilos and others where I didn't. I never exercised beyween transfer and bt, I have always just been cautious and taken it easy, not wanting to disturb my embies. When I have gotten pg, I've been even more cautious and continued to avoid heavy lifting, vacuuming a d hanging out the wzshing among other things. I know I'm a bit of a princess but honestly after everything to get pg - better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all
    Just had first scan of cycle, looks like this one isn't going so good. I think we're going to sacrifice the leading follicle for the smaller 5 FS didn't say so but I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen). Leading follicle is 1.7cm today & others are around 1.2cm. Last time this happened I had 0 fertilise. EPU is looking like Monday but won't know until next scan on Wed). Bummer. I'm not that upset as I thought I would have to have two cycles post mc.....big hopes on the next one!
    Good luck today MrsErinR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Threegoes For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the well-wishes ladies. I am officially PUPO again. It was a good looking embryo that had started compacting which was good to hear.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (03-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (03-03-2014),Team panda  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin... congrats on being PUPO. I hope this is the one for you xx

Vixjc.... I SO know what you feel. It is absolutely devasting not to be using OE. This is our last shot with OE, so we've already done lots of discussions, counselling etc for DE and it is devasting!! Even last night I had more crying - my words are, "it's just so sad". Sad that we have to use donor sperm - so sad for both my husband not having his own child, and sad for me not having his child. Then, if this last OE cycle doesn't work, so sad again for both of us individually and together, but also sad for my parents who look like they'll never have grandchildren (where as DH's parents have other grandchildren). I'm so with you xx

AFM... just had EPU this morning. Got 2 eggs, of which just 1 was mature and was injected. They will phone again in the morning to say if it fertilises overnight. As much as I would love it to work, history says not to get excited, and I'm so ready for it to work - that I'm almost looking forward to moving onto DE and getting a better chance that what I've had with my OE.

This last OE cycle we moved to Fertility First (Hurstville, Sydney) primarily because we had used up our 3 goes with donor sperm at IVFA, and at FF they don't have a waiting list. So we thought we'd sneak in one last OE cycle, while setting up using my sister's eggs at IVFA.

Good points of FF:
    - Dr Anne Clark was very hopeful after looking over my NG + IVFA cycles - wanted to try different meds and dosages
    - uses HGH Saizen as normal, where as I asked many times at IVFA, but Prof I always said no
    - uses Pregnyl injections as normal to ward off AF after ET, where as at IVFA Prof I only agreed to this after I had 3 failures
    - uses aspiring for ANA issues as normal, again IVFA said no until 3 failures
    - some BTs done through Laverty, so you can find a place much closer to home than Hurstville

Not happy with FF:
    - only 2 BTs before EPU, where as at IVFA I would normally have 3-4
    - they would not give me the numbers from the BTs, just would say "it's all good" - I asked specifically three of four times during each of the two phonecalls and they were very cagey. On the second phonecall, I absolutely insisted and eventually she relented and told me a number
    - there was only 1 internal ultrasound, where as at IVFA I averaged between 3-4 each cycle, including final one of day of trigger
    - the internal ultrasound was super quick - no joke, perhaps 10 seconds in total!! The quickest look at the lining (good, as it always is), can't find left ovary (IVFA always spend up to 10 minutes, with various technicians coming to try, and usually do find it with lots of effort and pressing of tummy etc), right ovary (yes, Dr Clark says, EPU on Mon. To which I have to ask, "how many did you find?" There's two, she says. I ask "What size are they". She hasn't even measured, so measures only the big one after I ask).
    - we choose our sperm donor, only to be told 2 days before EPU that he was not available! No explanation why he was on the list when he's not available. Mad panic then to choose a new donor, and frantic phone calls to check if he is available, so was asked to choose a back-up.
    - at one of the BTs, a nurse says, "so your DH is doing a sperm sample, so you're not using the donor now?" NO!! That's the whole point - the donor is to be used if DH has no sperm, and that's actually what will probably happen (and did happen!). Plus I've already paid for it!
    - BTs at FF pay no attention to a scheduled time. For one of the pre BTs, I turned up, to find, no joke, about 15 women there crammed in the waiting room. I ended up 1 and half hours late, and had to phone work to say I was running way late.
    - when I brought in my filled needle canister and asked for a replacement, the nurse said she didn't have any, and proceeded to shake (like a money box) all the used needles out into her big waste bin. I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to be done.
    - one BT I turned up for, the receptionist says, your BT is not today, X of Feb, it's X of March. I said, "Well, the whole cycle will be over if we wait until March!!" They squeezed me in.

I've been through so many cycles, that I'm very relaxed this time, that what happens, happens, so I didn't particularly worry about any of these things, as this was always an extra cycle while we waited for time to pass to use my sister's eggs. But I feel sorry for all those women attending FF, that they think this is "normal" when they don't have anything to compare. Even though reception at IVFA doesn't always work smoothly (e.g. stuff up with Medicare rebates), I think the medical side is more important. I'm very happy that I tried FF, as I can go away now knowing that I've tried everything in respect to clinics.

Hope everyone is well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - Congrats on being PUPO, everything sounds promising!

Weight gain discussion - I also put on around an annoying 2kg per cycle. I find the dexa has a big impact with my weight gain.

MCG Bertie - Good luck with the fertilisation. How you get good news in the morning.

ThreeGoes - Hope the scan on Wed has some good news for you. I remember with one of my cycles they thought they would have to sacrifice the lead follicle but the others seemed to catch up by the next scan. Hopefully yours will do the same.

AFM - Had my last blood test today before my first 7w scan on Friday. Levels have risen again to 40k so still in the game at this stage. So nervous about what we will see on Friday, praying for that little heartbeat.

Hi to everyone else reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put on a combined total of 1 kilo for my first 6 cycles ... but then 3 kgs for the 7th cycle - the first cycle on which I used Dexa. Maybe its the Dexa hey Chris9!?! Or maybe its the fact I was in Greece and bascially diving into a bowl of gorgeous fetta every day
    Best of luck MsErin!

I so understand your nerves Chris9 - I was terrified before my week 7 scan in Dec last year, but the signs are good so I'm hoping you'll be taking home some blurry little pics and some heart beat stats x

You too MGCBertie! I hope you never get to the donor egg stage. On my last OE cycle I didn't even make it to EPU, I was devastated. I couldn't understand how I could have such a relatively good AMH (12.9) but they could never get my eggs to come to the party. To know they were there but just didn't react to the meds and meant I'd never have my oe baby, felt so cruel. My parents don't have any grandkids - my sister is single and a few years older than me so I was the last hope. I've no doubt they'll love a DE baby too, but I'm still sad for them. Mind you, my Dad was on the phone tonight and although we don't usually don't talk about this much, I commented that I hoped this cycle worked because I was so tired of the whole IVF thing. He said, "Well if it doesn't, then you just need to get on with what you've got, and frankly what you've got is quite a lot" by which I assume he meant, health, stability, good hubby ... harsh but fair. It's just that I REALLY want to have a family - I just can't imagine going through life without kids ... not yet anyway, I'm not ready to give up yet.
    Threegoes - I hope this cycle turns out better than you think