Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome chris9 xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're having a surprise Chris. We have a 3 yo DS from IVF#2 and took another 6 cycles to get pg again. I absolutely would love a girl but a healthy baby delivered safe and sound is all that matters. I am just so delighted to be having another baby, another boy would be perfect too.

I used 450 Menopur for this last cycle and responded much better than I had to 450 Puregon with better fert rates too. Ultimately, my sucky eggs all stopped growing by day 3 except for the 2 very average and moderately fragmented embryos we transferred of which one stuck. You honestly never know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats great news Chris - how incredibly stressful though - throw those tests out !!
    Octoberbaby2010 - you give me some hope. My sucky eggs are also giving me grief. I did my first few cycles on 350 gonal-f and the last one I did was 450 menopur which gave me poorer results (in my opinion) . Less follicles and the same sucky quality embryos. As I expected, the fet results came in negative 2 days ago - vacuoles and an arrested embryo didn't give me much hope so I was expecting a negative (especially after the bfn's from poas) but surprised myself at how badly I reacted to the news. Anyway, after a bit of an emotional breakdown (during a run with my brother on the roadside - how embarrassing) I've decided to do another egg retrieval. The clinic were very sympathetic to my financial stress and have given me a whopping discount plus will be using an additional drug this time. I'm going back on the gonal-f at a double dose for the first 2 days, then 350 for the remainder, PLUS they are organising another injectible drug which I will take at the same time. Apparently it gives excellent results by improving egg quality in older women but I don't know what its called yet. I will be having it for the same number of days as the gonal-f. Its worth around $2000 just for that medication but they are getting it for me as a freebie on 'compassionate grounds'.
    Here's the kicker... I've got to go on the pill for a couple of weeks first. I know its a means to an end, but jeez the irony is a killer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple more notes on the menopur - yes I agree that it was less bloating than the gonal-f BUT that may have been because I had less follicles so my ovaries didn't get as huge. Also, that was the cycle that they cancelled on me because my progesterone was way too high so not sure if that was related to the menopur because none of my other meds or dosages changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great to hear Chris that everything is ok.
    Re - Menopur, my last cycle I used 300 Gonal F in the mornings and 150 menopur at night - it resulted in 17 eggs which was a good haul for me - from memory 8 fertilised, two put back in, but none to freeze. The cycle was also pretty easy on my body.

AF arrived today (phew!) so I am officially cycling on my donor egg cycle now

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited for you Emski!!!

Leyshoja, I did a few different protocols but had the most success when down regulated either with the pill or zoladex. I know it seems ironic but for me, my body responded best when the ovaries were shut down and then kick started. Fingers crossed it works for you too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja My first two cycles were long down cycles and I got a really good result qualitywise on the second. My next two were short cycles with mixed results. The first time I was in a trial for Saizen (human growth hormone which is what I think you are going to be given) but I got the placebo. The second short cycle we paid for the saizen (cost us about $2000 out of pocket as it isn't covered by medicare) and I got my best result at day 5.

I did get swollen ankles and achy knees with it, but if you soak in epsom salts and elevate your legs every night it will help.

We are going back to the long down cycle and will be paying for the saizen again, I definitely think it helped. I have also been on dhea since the middle of Jan to help with egg quality.

My FS thinks that long down is the best cycle for older women who don't produce many eggs. I'm going to push to try menopur next time if this doesn't work though.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl. Please explain long down cycle?
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - Great news your cycle has started. I have my fingers crossed this is the cycle for you!

I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on flying during first trimester. I'm thinking it must be ok as lots of women fly OS for DE and fly home preg.

I'm just asking as I was so sure this cycle was just a matter of going through the motions before we did DE that I booked a holiday to the US to meet up with DH's family.

If I'm lucky enough to still be preg when we travel I will be 10wks. I would really love to still go on the holiday but am a little anxious with my history of mc. Does anyone think flying may effect anything at 10wks along? I think the flight is 16 hours to LA and then we have another 6 hour flight a few days later to go to Orlando.

Do you think I should cancel and err on the side of caution?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious40 View Post
    @Chiefsgirl. Please explain long down cycle?
    thanks
    It means that you cycle for around 40odd days as you go on the bcp for around 3 weeks, then start injections of lucrin (or syranel) to stop ovulating, then about a week later you start stim injections. The theory is it completely shuts down your ovaries and then jump starts them with the fsh. So hopefully the eggs all grow at the same rate and you get more at epu that are the same size and maturity.