+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Exercise during IVF - What shouldn't I do?

Hello Ladies,

I am starting my first IVF cycle injections on the 15th of Feb with EP on the 28th... I have been doing my research and know that some of the chemicals can definitely increase weight, etc. I am looking for exercise information or at least of what I SHOULD DO while going through this. As adding any more weight wouldn't be a good thing for me.

I don't want to go to classes or to a gym... just some things I can do at home to help keep my weight under control and help with stress.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my first cycle I didn't do the gym but this cycle I am doing my pump&spin classes and I feel better for it, I was so frumpy bloated and sore the first time but this time I feel great so maybe see how u feel, I did put on 5kg the last time, good luck with your cycle, it's very easy the stimming part, it's the collection and results that is like a cliff hanger lol but if you need anyone to chat to feel free to msg me, x good luck

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doc advised to just continue my normal routine although she recommended rest for a day or two after ER. My 'usual' meant jogging, walking and weights. I didn't suffer too badly from the IVF meds so I was able to exercise daily throughout my cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think different clinics/FS's might have different rules, so maybe check with your clinic?

Mine had quite strict rules: I'm a fairly hard core gym goer, and I was told that while taking stim meds, I should stick to walking, yoga and pilates, to keep my HR below 120bpm. After EPU I was told to rest for at least a few days, until the swelling and pain had gone down. During FETs this was relaxed a bit and I could go up to 140bpm. I found all that quite difficult, and it was especially hard to admit that I was completely feral because I hadn't gone to Body Attack, GRIT or Spin for a couple of days

You won't necessarily put on weight, I found that a lot of the weight gain during a stimulated cycle was fluid and went away about 10 days after EPU. If you do put on a bit, it will come off when you go back to usual activities in the weeks after EPU. Good luck with your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone... The mossies are so bad here at the moment I can't even get out into the garden... So I have ordered a small treadmill just to be able to stay a bit limber and do some walking... Haven't even started the stim yet, but the damn pill has again made me put on about 3 kg..... Now that's done, hopefully things get moving quickly.... Thanks for all the support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was wondering what exercise you can/can't do during an ivf cycle. I've just gotten into kickboxing (over the last few months) & was wondering if I would have to give it up & for how long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic said I could do whatever I wanted during stimming, to take it easy after EPU and just listen to your body, but after transfer I wasn't allowed to do anything that would get my heart rate up (as they don't want your body to overheat) so I was restricted to walking and yoga.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That makes perfect sense Phee I think I might do the same