+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yep... well the dishwasher does

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This

But before I had one I would do them after ever meal as I had a tiny kitchen so not enough bench space to leave them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since moving in with DR a few years ago .he Has done them twice. Once because it was only him at home as I took her boys away for the weekend and once because I was away.. they get done everyday. Usually several times a day. No dishwasher except for me lol.. step sons help when it's on their charts at the breakfast wash though.
    Edit. I'm sur my post makes DF sound lazy but he isn't. I just am to OTT about how t dishes get washed and rinsed and Put away. Usually as I go through my process he is bathing DD , putting her in bed and getting the DSS's ready to bed.. but he does work nights 4 or so days a week and a still Manage to get them done
    Last edited by Butterscotch; 10-02-2014 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I notice most people that do them everyday either have a) a dishwasher or b) a helpful partner
    My above post was ment to quote you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The turning point for me deciding the dishes get done every night and not left until the morning happened one night when I got up to get a drink of water.

It was the middle of the night and the kitchen was dark. I could hear little scratchy noises. I turned on the light and there were about 5 big roaches in an oven tray feasting on the crumbs and leftover garlic butter from the chicken kievs we made for dinner.

So. freakin'. gross

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    The turning point for me deciding the dishes get done every night and not left until the morning happened one night when I got up to get a drink of water.

It was the middle of the night and the kitchen was dark. I could hear little scratchy noises. I turned on the light and there were about 5 big roaches in an oven tray feasting on the crumbs and leftover garlic butter from the chicken kievs we made for dinner.

So. freakin'. gross
    This is one of the reasons I do them obsessively. We have pretty feral people living behind us and they have dirty nappies and car wrecks and rubbish everywhere. Our cat (before she died) would catch rats in their yard them just back over to our side of the fence and eat them. Yuck! So I'm scared that the roaches might just come marching over two by two (hurrah hurrah) if I don't keep the place spotless!
    But no matter how clean our place is we still get rats and mice moving on in in winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Bacon is very motivational
    Hmmmm... Motivational Bacon (insert homer drool)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterflyMa For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I do the dishes before I go to bed I make everyone wait for me to clean the kitchen then they can have baths showers. So that ways it done but I stay up until about 11 vacuuming and mopping cleaning toilets because my kids leave all sorts over the floor and miss and when you have 2 kids under your feet you can really use chemicals. But I wouldn't feel guilty I just would find it harder to sleep knowing my house is mess but it your tired go to sleep... You can't over do things everyone has their limits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post

So. freakin'. gross
    I'm more worried about those feral little german ones! At least the big ones are easy to kill. Those german ones can take over your whole house. They are so bad down here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    99% of the time I do as I HATE waking to a dirty kitchen, although today I brought dinner for the kids home from work so haven't done the few dishes we have, but they are rinsed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. Either by dishwasher or by hand. I tend to wait until kids in bed though as I'd prefer to prioritise their needs before housework especially as I'm working

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app