+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 5yo doesn't listen! At wits end

Ds1 is turning 6 in April. He doesn't listen! He doesn't listen when I ask him to clean up, or go to bed, or do his homework, or leave his brother alone. He didn't listen when I ask him things. I have to repeat myself at least 5times for everything I ask. Im at the end if my rope, I've tried everything I can think of to get him to listen. We even had his hearing tested just in case. His school teachers have trouble with this too. He is just ignorant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 3 year old doesnt listen to a word I say and it drives me nuts. Yelling smacking blackmail naughty spot pleading - none if it works and I hate it...this os not the mum I wanted to be. Soooo frustrating.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to reply because I feel your pain, my DS is 7 and I am sick to death of him not listening! It's like he's on his own little planet called drive your parents batsh!t crazy!!

I have no words of wisdom I'm sorry, I'm currently resorting to start listening or things get taken off you cause I don't know what else to do. I can be mid sentence talking to him and he starts talking about some random freaking thing

ETA: my 4yo doesn't listen either, she keeps talking at me and then resorts to hysterical tears.

My kids make me feel like a failure at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's where I'm at. I Hate being so cranky all the time (add to that sleep dep from the newbie)

I've just asked him to brush his teeth. He dawdled then asked for a drink. I said ok, he dawdled, I had to tell him 4 times to hurry up and get a drink, something he wanted in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep got that here a lot to. My DS is 5yrs old. I call it selective hearing.
    Most of the time I tell him to listen or we're staying home/take toys off him/time out. I also sometimes revert to being there holding him to face me and asking him to do what I wanted.
    The dawdling is also annoying!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    That's where I'm at. I Hate being so cranky all the time (add to that sleep dep from the newbie)

I've just asked him to brush his teeth. He dawdled then asked for a drink. I said ok, he dawdled, I had to tell him 4 times to hurry up and get a drink, something he wanted in the first place!
    I'm sorry you're sleep deprived but I had to giggle, I think we must have clones. DS asks for milk every night (which is fine, we put Evening Primrose Oil in for his sleep and sustagen cause he's a skinny thing) yet when we give it to him it's too hot, or it's too cold, or not enough sustagen or too much - just drink the EFFING THING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It definitely is selective hearing. I tested him the other night, I said, can you brush your teeth please, can you brush your teeth please, can you get the lollies please. As soon as I said lollies his head snapped up and he says, yeah ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I thought this was just my daughter but theres more! So glad I am not alone!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app