+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Family vent

I just need somewhere to vent.

My brother and his fiancé are breaking up. It's been pretty horrible for him, she told him she does not like anything about him anymore. I feel so bad for him, he is so sweet and caring. He is pretty devastated. He's not yet accepted it's the end and has decided he just needs to change everything about him so he is what she wants again.

She's now told him she does not like his family either because we are too large (fat)! She said it's embarrassing to be seen with us :I I know we are not models but come on....

I'm pretty shocked with her behaviour. It's hurtful for everyone and it's clearly something that my brother cannot control (since he's already agreed to fix all her issues with him).

I feel so awful for him. He's a great guy, he tries so hard and treats her well and he really loves her. It's hard to see him so upset. I'm used to dealing with people breaking up, I deal with it day in day out as a family lawyer, but it's different when it's your family.

Waiting to see what happens next. I just hope she does not strung him on for ages. I don't know how any of my family can face her know either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow there sure are some vapid woman in the world! What's he meant to do, round up the family and send the offenders off to fat camp?

I hope they stay firmly split up, he can do so much better than that horrible creature. I would really hate to see my brother so upset as well so give him all your love and support, you sound like a lovely caring sister.

Still shaking my head, I would actually laugh but given that she is serious ..well... Just in shock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She sounds like a piece of work

Sounds like your brother is desperate to keep her. Poor guy.

I think her complaints about your 'big' family are just vile. How shallow.

I hope he realises that he deserves to be loved by someone who doesn't want to change every thing about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in shock about the comments. If my sister did not peak at the message I would not believe it myself.

My brother has told me personally all the other reasons but left that one out when we spoke - I guess to protect me as he knows I'm really sensitive about my weight and I've been working on it a lot. He really is a sweetie

I know it sounds bad but I hope they end it so he can move on. He deserves much, much better than her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a real prize catch that one! I hope your brother can move on and find someone who loves him and his family no matter what.

She must be a stick thin supermodel to make such comments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your brother's fiance is so shallow..I think he deserves better too.

I hope he gets out now before he marries her. If she wants to break up she is doing him a favour although it might not seem like it at the time.

I feel bad for your brother.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    He sounds better off without her.
    As hard as it is to have a break up, hopefully once she is out of the picture he will meet someone grateful of his lovely attributes who isn't so shallow and pedantic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gawd, she sounds like a complete mole. Hopefully she'll bugger off then completely so your Brother can just move on from her. He will see in due time he is better off without her. Nasty mole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my ex's sisters thought the sun shone out if him, but they had no idea what he was like behind the closed doors of a relationship.
    I know break ups are hard to watch, but try and support your brother without interfering too much. If she is really horrible, his future is looking brighter without her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I know break ups are hard to watch, but try and support your brother without interfering too much.
    I completely agree with this. If family interfere too much, they can tend to push people away and back together again. Definitely be there for him, but be careful with what you say as it sounds like he is not taking her leaving him well, so if she changes her mind and they get back together it can leave you in a bit of a awkward situation.