+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My sister was a nanny before she had kids. She preferred not to work for families where a parent was home all day as it usually just didn't work (was often the mother and she felt like she was being watched, it never ended well). She did have several very successful jobs for families who worked including a set of twins.

What about just getting a house cleaner and then a part time nanny? I don't honestly see a need for a full time nanny if you're home all day. Maybe just someone to help with lunch, tidy up and then prep dinner.
    Yeah, I completely understand where your sister is coming from. I myself wouldn't like to be home when a nanny/cleaner is around. I'll definitely look into a part time nanny Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    I think if a Nanny is registered and has met certain criteria, you may be able to get the child care 50% rebate, but I have not done this as I have only ever used daycare. Centenary Nannies website has some info on it, might be worth calling an agency like that to suss it out. Sorry I can't help more. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your rehab- that pain is just so bad... I hope you can find some solution for your sciatica.
    Thank you littleriv. The Centenary Nannies website states that "The family can claim from the “Claim for Child Care Benefit for Registered Care”, a minimum of 0.49 cents per hour the Nanny is working. The maximum rebate is $2.96 per hour." I don't think we can get the 50% rebate back for nanny service, even if they are registered. However, I will call a few of the agencies and find out more.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I hope I can be pain free one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    I am a nanny and we are superb I mean it!! Especially when baby needs to be held etc and you need to rest and def will educate your toddler and other household stuff. As you are going back to work in July I could see you having to extend that date if you suffer trying to do everything and cope with children as well. Good luck.
    Thank you sydneychick. I hope I find a superb nanny like you .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    If you have three kids under school age you qualify for home care. Call centrelink.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Wow, really? Does this mean I need to have another kid or can I borrow one? Haha...

I definitely want to explore this option, but don't think I can have another baby, even it is for the rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    A friend who had a toddler followed closely by twins did this. She firmly believes it helped get her through as her twins both had reflux and barely slept. I was going to suggest you do the same thing.
    Thank you FlipFlop. I will definitely call Centrelink and see if I am eligible.