+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What food to take to work??

Im struggling with what food to take to work so any ideas would be appreciated.

We usually dont have leftovers that are easy to take to work (steak, chops, sausages etc).

Im struggling to eat bread at the moment since ive been pregnant. Because I dont have a clue what else to take I usually take a vegimite sandwich but I usually have to force it down at lunch time even though im starving. Sometimes it even makes me retch. So needless to say its not an enjoyable lunch.

I cant stand tuna, so thats not an option. I also have to go really easy on the salad, veggies & fruit cause if I have too much it gives me diarrhea.

Theres a microwave at work but no sandwich press or anything like that. I also hate cooking & dont want to spend hours making something complex to take to work.

I really have no clue what to take to work! Help!!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What about corn thins with thinly sliced cheese on them? Or vegemite and cheese? I have a packet in my desk at work at all times because they are so handy. They're nice with baked beans on them too.

I had toasties most work days when I was pregnant. Would you consider buying a cheap sandwich press for your own personal use?

Do you think you could stomach soup? There are some nice ones you can buy in pouches these days (handy) or of course make your own.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those 2 minute rice cups are great! You could always cut up some of your left over meat and add it in.. Or one of those single serve steam vege packets with some soy sauce =)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vonnie89 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (08-02-2014),Zephyr3  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cruskits are great, you can add avocado, tomato cheese etc. whatever you like really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about making a big pot of soup on the weekend - enough to last you a week? You can freeze some in plastic storage tubs in one person portions then just take what you need. I make a vegetable and lentil soup. Very easy and will fill you up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For an easy work lunch, I buy frozen meals such as lean cuisines or Weight watchers. You can buy them for about $4 each when on special and some are actually quite tasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant I had a lot of wraps instead of sandwiches. Filled them with things like heated up left over bolognaise or chilli. Soup was good, 2 minute noodles were awesome too! Ryvita with Philly, cucumber sticks etc anything refreshing tended to help the nausea!

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the pp, I used to take; cruskits, rice thins, wraps, those rice/noodle/ soup microwave cups and lean cuisine dishes.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some of the girls at work take a sachet of microwave steam veges and some 3 bean mix (they have it with tuna but it would have pleenty of protein without).

Also agree with the cruskits/ corn thins. You could also get the individual serves of cream cheese or hommus to make them a bit more interesting (since you might waste a lot if you can't get through a regular tub within a couple of days).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks!

Does anyone know if it would be safe to store those frozen weight watchers meals in the fridge all morning at work? There is no freezer.