+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took up surfing the waves with a boogie board. I wouldn't lay on it just more kind of hold it out front and kick like mad. Loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Beach. Cooking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hang out in the hammock and read, an awful lot actually. Ha ha. I walk the dog, cook in batches and freeze the meals for work lunches/backup dinners. Watch tv, shop, catch up for coffee with friends. DH and I go out to lunch or breakfast at least once per weekend.
    As PP mentioned, is it a social club house? If so you could pack a picnic and a book/crossword and head down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll have to dig out some more good books I think.

The club-house is reasonably social but it's mostly parents of the younger kids who are left onshore when everyone is sailing. Of course I talk to them but we don't really have a lot in common, they are much older than me. I do go down to the club & hang out sometimes but I find it boring to do it all the time.

Thanks for the ideas ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had time on the weekends I'd love to bake, read, and go to cafes with friends. Or see a movie. Or get a dog and take it to the beach or for long walks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I was the same OP, quit hockey when pregnant and was left wondering what other people did with their time!

I spent quite a bit of time holiday planning cos we had a few OS trips coming up, got into some craft stuff like restored a few bits of furniture. We live in an apartment so it wasn't even like I had a garden to mess about in or things to do around the house.

DS is 6 months old now and there are still days when I get bored. When it is so hot there are only so many times you can go to the library, shopping centre, granny's house....

I guess some people are home bodies more than others
    You could visit friends? I find that the day can fill up quickly with brunches, lunches and afternoon teas no need to be a home body unless you want to

Thanks
    Reviews
    You mentioned you don't drive - could you take driving lessons on the weekends? (Unless there's a medical reason you're not allowed to drive...I don't mean to pry so ignore me if there is!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you dont drive and this will be a full time thing (not driving) I would be getting used to going out on public transport now without a baby before he or she comes... or you will go crazy being at home 24/7 a day!!

I dont drive because I have epilepsy ajd yes its hard and pain in bum catching bus's etc but I do it. I spend days going out shopping on my own, nails, hair or even just meeting a friend for coffee.

Get some craft objects to decorate the nursery!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relax.. Well my 3 kids go to their dads every fortnight so me and dh spend quality time together when they're not here, maybe just have a nice meal out somewhere, fishing, movie, whatever. When the kids are here, we try and do things but lately I'm finding it hard to walk so maybe go to the pools or beach or picnic in the park.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummbearPapabearNCubs For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm if I had weekend with no kids, no dp and no housework...
    Probably lie in, then sit outside with the paper with good crossword, head to beach for swim or walk or lunch with friends. Next home with selection of books, maybe a DVD. Maybe a spot of yoga.
    Before dd was born we lived in London and had a few city breaks away in Europe. When in London we did lots of chilling out at home reading and having leisurely lunches out.
    I think after dd was born what I missed most was lazy Sundays reading and long breakfasts/lunches out - everything feels so rushed now!