+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you do on the weekends when pregnant? (Gave up sport & so bored!)

Before getting pregnant DH & I used to sail together every weekend in high-performance dinghies. I've had to give that up due to the risk of high-speed crashes & taking a hit to the abdomen.

So now I'm spending half my weekends sitting at home by myself trying to find ways to entertain myself (and generally being totally bored watching stuff on youtube all day etc). DH still sails as often as he can & I don't want to stop him doing that - I'm happy that he still sails. I just have no clue what to do with myself.

At first I was cool with not sailing anymore & didn't miss it that much, but now I'm finding myself wishing I could go back to it just so that I had something to do on the weekend.

I don't drive, so I can't really go anywhere (public transport is a bit of a pain). I don't even know where I would go anyway, there are only so many times you can go into the city etc. Most of my friends work (or sail) on the weekend.

I am so bored! I'm over spending the entire day doing housework simply cause there is nothing else to do. Or watching random youtube videos for hours trying to kill some time. Most of my hobbies are out-doors things (mostly watersports which I can't do anymore) & I honestly have no idea what to do when I'm stuck at home by myself all weekend.

What do you all do?? I've always spent the entire weekend at various sailing clubs or events, I have no idea what other people do on the weekends, this is new to me. I'm getting really down & feel like I'm wasting my weekends & I want to find some things to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you like swimming? Obviously it wouldn't take all day, but a trip to the pool to do a few laps would use up some time and is an excellent way to keep fit right up to the end of pregnancy.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A house to myself, oh man that sounds like bliss to me

Sorry not helpful.

Maybe your DH could spend every second weekend sailing and then the two of you could go somewhere on the other weekends together? Find new hobbies etc

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (08-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh I do nothing so I'm bored too.

My excuse is I'm poor and lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. DH does sail less often now & we do go & do other things together when he is not sailing, but I'm struggling to find things to do when he is sailing & I'm home by myself. He has commitments with learn to sail that he can't get out of so he is out at least some of every weekend doing that.

It's wierd to me not to be out on the water all weekend. My weekends used to revolve around teaching sailing in the mornings & racing in the afternoons. I don't even teach anymore because the bouncing in the powerboat actually really hurts my abs, plus there is the fairly high chance of having to rescue someone & I don't want to get hurt.

Yes I like swimming but I can't get to a pool. Even if I could drive, DH takes the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Yes I like swimming but I can't get to a pool. Even if I could drive, DH takes the car.
    Oh yeah you did say that, whoops

....driving lessons perhaps? Lol.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (08-02-2014),mrswhitehouse  (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Oh yeah you did say that, whoops

....driving lessons perhaps? Lol.
    Driving phobia

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything need painting in your house?
    That always takes up time and can feel awesome when finished?

I've recently taken up digital scrapbooking. Which is time consuming and quite fun. I'm in no way artsy or crafty but making photo books is quite enjoyable.
    I've decided to do a family yearbook each year. Organised by month and just put all our favourite photos in.
    Or I do them for holidays and im currently Working on our wedding one.
    It's addictive.

I downloaded the program from the photobook club which was free. You make your photobook and then order it and they mail it to you.
    I also download "scrapbooking elements" from sweete shopp design.

Might be something to do?

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lexim ill check it out!

I guess I'll just have to think harder to find stuff to occupy my day. Looking forward to having this baby cause then I know I'll be busy!

Cant help being jealous of DH though cause he actually gets to go & have fun while I sit around here all day doing house work....

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 08-02-2014 at 17:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im bored on weekends too so would love to hear ideas! Im actually preferring being at work atm!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app