+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tubal ligation.

So what long story short. I am 30 married, have had two children and can no longer be on the pill. It is causing some huge mood swings and making me feel just blah.
    I am considering a tubal ligation. What do you think my chances are of getting one?
    My husband is not comfortable with surgery for himself ( vasectomy) and I respect that.
    Would love to hear from others who have had it done recently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a TL 2 years ago during the birth of my last daughter, I had just turned 30 days before. I would strongly recommend you look into everything when it comes to having it done. Your DH might not want surgery but his is only a small procedure and recovery whereas you actually need to be opened up and recovery a lot longer.
    Side effects I've had since my TL is massive weight gain, hormonal imbalance, period lasting 14 days then spotting for the next 7 days and getting AF every 3 weeks so there went our sex life. I actually had to go on the mirena to stop the bleeding which also didn't help. I have also been so hormonal and angry since having it done.

Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone but most people I have spoken to said they had the same symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a tubal during my emergency csection 8 months ago

it was something I would of looked into doing about now anyway - so when I ended up needing the section, I asked them to do it (signed the papers before going into theatre, once my epi was in and I was completely ok with that lol). it took about an extra 5 minutes

I don't think I've had any side effects. my periods lately (they came back like clockwork from 8 weeks so I've had about 6 since bub) have been heavy but I had heavy ones before babies. I've had a bit of PND this time around but I don't correlate it with the tubal

I really like the added layer of contraception - I know it's not 100% but it's enough to keep me happy haha
    I hated hormonal contraceptions

I was also looking at essure but needed to research the kinds of coils they use in Australia first

Thanks
    Reviews
    No side effects, very little pain, many regrets.
    My head said it was necessary (can't do other forms of contraception and we simply cannot afford more children) but my heart keeps asking why.
    I've only just had it done so I guess you get that I suppose in the early days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    No side effects, very little pain, many regrets.
    My head said it was necessary (can't do other forms of contraception and we simply cannot afford more children) but my heart keeps asking why.
    I've only just had it done so I guess you get that I suppose in the early days.
    This is something that worries me. I can't afford another child and I'm happy my youngest is gaining some independence but I just don't know if if be making the right choice if I got it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then don't do it. In hindsight I would not have.

If I had my chance over again I would have found some form of other contraceptive and allowed my body, head, heart whatever to reach that place where I could have had it done and not feel any worry at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have seriously considered it and was even offered it for free after baby number 3....but I just didn't want to finalise it. Dh felt the same come getting the snip. We now have five kids and we are 100% sure we are finished...but have chosen the mirena for birth control and 1yr on I am period free and happy with our choice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (09-07-2014)