+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinkpopsicle sorry you have been through it too congratulations on having ivf success, it is always great to hear that it works and gives hope for me. Congratulations.

I am having a few visitors today maybe I will feel a bit better. DH had booked himself for a week of annual leave and I graciously ruptured for him just before it started. It has been convenient and he hasnt seemed bothered but I am bothered he goes back to work Tues as he has been so lovely

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry to hear what happened. I had an ectopic at 13 weeks, undiagnosed after having my tubes tied. I hadn't had a period and thought this was all very normal and even asked the Dr who said I couldn't be pregnant as had had tubal ligation... 3 days later I nearly died at home when it ruptured and I passed out, thankfully my husband heard the thud as I hit the floor. I had had 6 miscarriages up to this point and this was the end for me. Counselling really helped me get through it and helped me realise that it wasn't my fault ( seems one of the clips to tie my tube became loose and I got pregnant). please take the time you need an surround yourself with family and friends... Thinking of you xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. Sad to be joining you here. I am 6 weeks pregnant and just discovered it is ectopic. I came to the hospital yesterday with bleeding and pain, and haven't left. They are doing surgery today & I'm totally terrified.

When I discovered I was pregnant it was unexpected, but never in a million years did I expect that I'd experience loss/ectopic at 25 and being so healthy. I am totally devestated but definitely knew something was wrong, my HCG was doubling but only every 72-96 hours which my GP advised was perfectly fine. Does anyone know whether surgery affects fertility? They have still not yet been able to locate the pregnancy but can see a mass in my ovaries.

Thank you and sorry for your losses x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Porkypies I am so sorry. I actually had had 1 MC and 1 ectopic by your age, my next ectopic was at about age 28. Really as for affecting your fertility, it depends what they find when they operate and what they do when they operate. What they find means if they can find a cause...and what damage has been done by whatever caused it. Obviously I had a lot of lesions/scars from PID that damaged my tubes and the hairs inside. The tube I just lost was the one I had my very first ectopic in and they saved the tube because I was so young...I think I was 23. I think my experience is extreme though many women go on to have plenty of successful pregnancies!! You only need 1 tube and 1 ovary to be left!!! Of course the downfall if they save the tube is that it has obviously been surgically damaged as well. You have a mass near your ovary so it might be different.

You are in the right place so dont worry about dying like I have been going on about. I think they try and do keyhole surgery if possible, though all 3 of mine I had a slice right across the pubic hair line. I wont lie it is painful but here I am just 10 days past nearly dying and loss of a tube and staples are coming out so you heal very fast. Though I still cant sit upright etc but it is bearable. Look after yourself, I remember the first time wanting them to take the embryo from the wrong spot and putit in the right spot. Your hormones will be haywire and it is a very sad time. In the future make sure you are properly monitored with blood tests not just scans I have found depending on your doctor your early pregnancy treatment and monitoring can differ greatly so dont just take their word for it if they are not closely monitoring your blood

As I said I think the majority of women go on to have normal pregnancies it just adds a bit of fear to it which your doctors should be able to look after you but dont forget to remind them as soon as you know you are pregnant.

Very sorry for what you are going through. Let us know how you are after surgery. I am here if you want to talk it is always a shock and always devastating but you are young that is on your side so dont let this hold you back!! Cuddles

Last edited by mrsmac123; 10-02-2014 at 07:53.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Louise41 thanks for your reply. A 13 week ectopic is an amazingly long time I have never heard of one making it that far along. I wonder how your husband was after that experience. I am glad counselling has helped I am keen to start before I get too sick in the head as I really need to concentrate on ivf and not dying. It is nice to know that it can stop ruling my life.

I am healing on the outside. Staples come out today already. Seems too soon still have to "lounge" when sitting. Inside I am a fair mess. I need to try to get myself working again. DH goes back to work tomorrow and I find myself very clingy and needy and dont even like him going into another room. I think my looming deadlines, while causing me great stress as I have lost a lot of time will be good for me. Had more visitors travel just to see me yesterday and I have been surprised by the outpouring of concern but it prob has added to my terror as I realise how serious it all was. Aside from FIL saying...they always say pple are critical when they go to surgery and just not getting it and my dad is cranky because I never told him I was pregnant....geeez I was 5 weeks 4 days when I was supposedly miscarrying why do pple have to put that kind of guilt on you when there is so much more involved I cant deal with it.

Last Fri DH went through his phone logs at the exact matching 1 week anniversary times and I had more of a concept of the day....and his day. He is still getting over it all he says he gets a strange feeling in his chest when he remembers certain moments....and how I looked, I think pretty pale/blue right before surgery. He is coming with me to see my hero surgeon gyno today to remove my staples so I can repeat the questions I had already asked but could not remember his answers...drugs trauma..why was it missed... I am really hoping I may be able to see him on a fertility level as I do have an appt from a referral to see another private gyno on thurs but love this man but he is in the public system I am sure it will move too slow. I also want to try to find out today is my uterus and cervix ok after the gouging...not sure he got to see in there during surgery on outside of uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PorkyPies just wondering how your surgery went and how you are feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Mac. Surgery went perfectly, I ended up losing my left tube. They showed me photos of where the ectopic was & it looked quite large! They mentioned that it wouldn't affect my fertility but to give my body some to heal before falling pregnant & said that I do have a higher risk of ectopic in the future so to monitor any future pregnancies closely.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, it makes it a lot easier to swallow knowing that I am not alone xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac, I am so incredibly sorry for what you have gone through, you are a brave soul. I absolutely felt and knew that something was wrong despite my GP assuring me that even though my levels were rising slowly, they were rising and therefore it's a viable pregnancy - my GP wanted to see me today to book in my 12 week scan. I can only be thankful that I came to the hospital and they were able to locate the pregnancy; this has taught me to follow my intuition 100%.

I would definitely write a letter of complaint, you would think after having two previous ectopics they would take extra care to locate your pregnancy and ensure all was okay. I just want to give you a big hug, what an ordeal x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Porkypies glad to hear surgery went well did you get away without the big cut and staples? It sounds positive for you in the future. I hope you are not in too much pain and feeling ok emotionally. I hope you are able to rest and not rush to work and your partner doesnt mind being a bit of a nurse. Mine put a new dressing on for me tonight. Will you try again asap?

Staples came out for me yest and I feel a bit better around the belly when rolling in bed and such. DH went back to work today and I think I did have a bit of separation anxiety, worrying about being alone, I know its pretty irrational.

The legal advice I have is basically the tube was worth nothing, I need to be able to prove I could have conceived normally with it...how convenient it is gone so it cantbe proven..so the fact I have had EP before goes against me...not evidence that they didnt pay attention to my history... I didnt die so nearly dying means nothing, these cases go on for a few years therefore any compensation would be eaten up by fees ... see a psychologist. I can get into one in 9 days. I also need to be careful what * I* say about them in case i get sued.

All is not lost as I knew it was a long shot doesnt mean it is not unfair and the solicitor agreed but its the way it goes....there is a medical complaints/mediation mob that will go through a process of face to face meetings between all parties seeking explanations and apologies and reviews of procedures with patients involved. While youcant get compensation, pain, suffering, trauma you can sometimes get reimbursements....not sure if this includes loss of income. At any rate I really just have wanted to know why it was missed and for them to be sincerely sorry and be forced to stop and think about what it has done to me and my husband. It is not fair for them not to have to in some way think about the human consequences of what they can do to a person in a few 15 min appointments. I never had any concept myself of what it is like during and after almost dying and the wierdness afterwards. My life in general feels strange, my home feels strange, but i know its me that is strange. I hope that it just slips back to normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun.

When I had my ectopic the hospital was so into this "wait and see" thing...

I went in a few days before for a scan, nothing in uterus but a thickened lining... And a mass near my right ovary. They said I needed to wait 2 to 3 days to check my hcg levels again... So I was sent home knowingly with an ectopic in my body doing damage!

Three days passed before they had to rush me into surgery as my tube was rupturing...

Negligence on their part if you ask me!! I could have had the methotrexate which I was begging for about a week earlier. Mothers intuition is never wrong!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (13-02-2014)