+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I re edited my above post with more about the scan...my word have I considered complaining I have already made a statement to some solicitors who are looking it over now. I feel like I want an apology in the least but fat chance of that. I would like an explanation and really pple in the medical profession starting with the 2 gps involved to learn a bit more about ectopics and show more of a care factor. The fact that its my 3rd and I was sent home with no followup to fend for myself and told not to bother with the bhcg tests irks me. How a scan report can be so wrong or sure of itself is the clincher. Of course its all in hindsight but I have really been struggling with docs lately while ttc ...always late, barely listening, not giving full appt and being generally unhelpful this is just about what I would expect. I trusted them and now not much left except for the surgeon that saved me. Even from the 1st scan where you tell them EP history and they argue and treat you like an hysterical fool... its too early to see a heartbeat no need for one and you have to explain TO THEM that at this time you dont care about that....duh...how ignorant.

The MMC diagnosis caused probs in emergency too as the matron looked down at me about why I was carrying on so much just from a MC at 7+3. The emergency doc also thought because of this I was in cervical shock from MC product being stuck in there and he had to only use a speculum and a (coathanger it felt like) and proceed to gouge out the non existent blockage for an hour from my cervix and well felt like my uterus....worst pain in mylife. When this was insuccessful the head gyno guy arrived and they figured it out. The head gyno saved my life and he seemed disturbed by it and is actually personally removing staples for me monday. I guess I need to ask him what state my uterus is in which I hadnt thought about but at least my ovaries appear healthy

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If nothing to be done legally I will for sure be writing letters I cant just let them go on their merry way without a word

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anjalee did you get a response to your letter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no experience or any advice but I wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an ectopic in March (resolved in May) last yr.

I had my right tube removed.

It destroyed me. After my daughter being born prem and previous losses - my husband and I have decided no more babies (as well as being on heart /Bp medications now)

I have post traumatic stress disorder from each ordeal.

Feel free to pm me. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh mrsmac - they scraped my cervix too with that thing the day I haemorraged - yes, painful and it didn't change anything - by the time they worked it out the blood loss had slowed down with an u/s revealing the offending left-over tissue was at the top of my uterus.

So glad you are following things through. I agree that medical 'professionals' need to be better educated in such areas. Too often things are treated as 'the norm' without proper care and individual consideration given.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LysnDan I am so sorry for what you have been through. I can understand how you can have ptsd and give up. I am so close to giving up but I know I need to force myself to get through so I can do ivf as fast as I can before my eggs are too old in case I have more regrets. I did actually give up 6 years ago and try to resign myself to being childless but when I turned 40 it hit me that the point of no return is close and I regret wasting those years now as I think I may have left it too late to deal with my body and age...and the slow and expensive medical system. I completely understand how you feel as I have now had 5 pregnancies and never make it past 7 or so weeks and I could not believe I could be so unlucky to have 3 ectopics,

LittleTed it was a dreadful thing yes, the poor emergency doctor was traumatised as well and came and saw me after the surgery and apologised and said I can only go on what im told and I said yeh unfortunately I only told you what *I* was told all because of the scan. I had never heard of anyone else having that done before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through mrsmac. I had my ectopic in 2011 & like LysnDan I got diagnosed with PTSD after. When I had mine I sensed something wasn't right, I got checked at my clinic because my partner was due to go away for work, they told me it definitely wasn't an ectopic & I'd be fine, so I told him he could go & I ended up collapsing in the house on my own. I didn't rupture immediately so I was very lucky but that has been the hardest thing to get over - knowing I could have died because I trusted what they told me. I'm also 41 & childless... it's hard. I found counselling did help me so I hope you can try that. I think writing a complaint would help you get it all out too - you definitely deserve an apology. With a history of ectopics everyone who saw you should have been extra careful! I have done ivf & if you do go down that path you will be very carefully monitored - lots of detailed bloods - so that would hopefully give you a bit more peace of mind. I wish I could be of some more help. You have had such a hard time & all I can give you is lots of virtual hugs. Feel free to pm me. Be kind to yourself & take care x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jude15 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for your comforting words it means a lot to hear your experience and I am very sorry you too are still childless I dont know how I will live out the rest of my life if ivf does not work or I run out of money which seems unfair. I have emailed my psychologist to let her know I need her but she will be waiting for the usual referral. One thing that is good is my DH is not hung up on kids so I dont feel any pressure from him. I walked over the road to watch him and our doggy walk the park today. DH says he is amazed at my progress in 8 days after how I looked...then he said that when he thought back on it he feels like he loses his breath so I think he has a bit of recovery to go himself. For me its only physical recovery so far, it seems the more days I get past surgery the worse I mentally feel. I keep thinking how my eggs are not connected anymore.

Being at home alone would have been terrible. I think mine had ruptured by the time the ambulance got there. I was projectile vomiting and unable to move, my tummy was hard as a rock and like a balloon, I was screaming. 1.5 hours later I had lost 2 litres of blood. That part of the nightmare is DH is often at work 6 days a week and I happen to live less than 2kms from hospital and still just survived.

Last edited by mrsmac123; 08-02-2014 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im so so sorry for what you have been through. I've had 2 ectopic pregnancies but was under the close care of my gynecologist each time so each was discovered early. I lost both tubes but was successful with ivf.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (09-02-2014)