+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We take our (small) dog everywhere. He gets anxious at home alone and is happier to sleep in the car (before the flaming starts, no we don't do that on a hot day etc). We always respect the people we are visiting's wishes. Sometimes he can stay in their yard, sometimes he has to stay in the car eg. If they have an anti-social dog, if they are allergic or of they don't want him inside but their yard is not secure. It's not their problem that we like to take him everywhere.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We take our dog to our parents' places and some friends but we always check first and they're not in rentals.

As much as we'd like to take her with us more often, you have to use your common sense and respect other peoples' feelings on the matter. If they know your place is strictly no pets they probably shouldn't ask to bring her in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My aunt brings her cats and her dog with her to my house.

We had strata by-laws forbidding animals being anywhere in the community, let alone at our house.

I told her multiple times to not bring them, she'd agree, then show up with them saying 'well you wouldn't expect me to leave them at home if they were a child', , errr, of course not, the by-laws say nothing about children.

People get quite entitled about their pets, I'd tell them to leave it at home, say you received a warning last time they brought the dog over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be the same. We rent a 'no pets' place as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're being totally reasonable! It really annoys me when people just think they can take their dogs everywhere (after being asked not to).

One if my family members does it. We can't have pets at our place plus my DD is allergic yet she still insists on bringing it over no matter how many times I tell her not to. So rude.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    One of df's "mates" bought. Puppy over to our no-pets brand new rental house not long after we moved it. The puppy sh*t all over the carpet.

Not only did I tear df a new one but I let the mate know too. No pets have been here ever since

In my book, no pets means no pets.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. You are being normal. They are being unreasonable.
    I have a dog. It's a dog not a child. A well adjusted dog is happy to be home alone and that's where it should stay. I hate that people think everyone should love dogs and they should be allowed everywhere. They are an animal.
    Aside from that your rental is no pets. If I was a landlord and there was a dog in my no pets residence I'd be pretty annoyed.
    Tell them to leave their dog at home. Not unreasonable at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't want a dog at my place. And certainly not inside.

So no, I don't think you're being unreasonable.

I find it odd that your parents would want to take the dog with them? I can understand taking a dog to a park, beach etc but to other peoples houses? Especially if they don't have dogs themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you everyone! Before I created the thread I just wasn't sure if I was being too harsh.

Now I feel more justified that I made a reasonable decision. I honestly think I would have regretted allowing it if I told them to bring the dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we have the same mum.