+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 2nd bub has 3x40 min naps (transitioning to 2 now at 8 months) which is heaven compared to his big sister. She would sleep a lot better at night though, at 6 months she was dropping from 3x15-20 min naps to 2x20-30min naps.

With her I could get up 30min before her and shower/have my coffee in peace. She'd get up about 7 and was a slow feeder so have a 1hr breastfeed. Somewhere in the day I'd also fit in another 5 or so feeds along with all this. Mornings were happy time so I could leave her to prep dinner for that night, then give her solids, play together then go out. She'd have her nap in the car on the way to playgroup, rhyme time, gym creche, grocery shop etc and 2nd nap would be on the way home. Afternoon she would be carried or worn or I'd play on the mat with her singing songs etc. She could not be left alone. 1hr feeding then rocking to get her in bed by 6 and out for the night. That's when I'd spring into action cooking dinner, eating, cleaning, running washing, folding until I'd collapse into bed at around 10. Once she dropped to 1 nap at 12 months she'd have a 1-3 hour nap and I wouldn't know what to do with all that spare time!!

DS is the complete opposite, unless he's sick/teething I get heaps done during the day while he entertains himself. trade off is, at 8 months we're still working on night sleep and trying to bring bedtime earlier than 8pm.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    My dd is 1 and any cleaning is done at night. I'm usually sweeping/mopping dusting, cleaning toilets/bathrooms, ironing and so in after dd is in bed. Anywhere from 8pm-midnight. Not the best time but I just love waking up in the mornings to a beautiful clean house and happy for dd to crawl (now a few steps!!) anywhere she likes. I clean her room during the day but I usually take her with me and try to occupy her with something different. It is a bit different with your Lo because of age but the night cleaning I've been doing for ages now.
    Ive doen this for ages too but how do you go when you want to just chill with your DH? I get so tired of never spending time with him child-free as whenever I was child-free I was trying to clean the damn house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Ive doen this for ages too but how do you go when you want to just chill with your DH? I get so tired of never spending time with him child-free as whenever I was child-free I was trying to clean the damn house!
    Both clean together so you can chill together. Tbh tho both kids have always day napped well so I've always had the cleaning done during the day.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.