Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Mine are a bit older (4 & 1) but this is us:

5.30- 6am - I get up and go for a run on treadmill
    630am - shower and have breakfast.
    7am - kids get up.
    715- kids have Breakky while I clean kitchen, put washing on and make beds
    7.45am - playtime. Kids usually go in toyroom and play together. I'll spend a bit of time doing whatever needs doing
    8.30- hang washing out. Kids out for a play outside
    915 - bottle for ds2
    930 - bed for ds2, morning tea for ds1
    9.45 ds1 and I might do some cooking or baking.
    1030 ds1 and I will do some chores around the place or more washing
    11 - ds2 wake up and we will all have a little play
    1130 - lunch
    12 I'll clean up from lunch while kids play
    1pm outside if it isn't too hot. Or I'll set up slip and slide or paddle pool
    2pm ds2 bottle
    230pm ds2 bed and ds1 is allowed to watch some tv for quiet time. I'll catch up on stuff during this time
    330 - afternoon snack and I'll prep dinner
    4pm ds2 awake. And I'll put dinner on to cook and this is usually when DH gets home
    5pm dinner
    545pm we all go outside (during summer) play, feed the sheep, cow, donkeys. Might go for a walk or a drive around our property. Or catch yabbies in the dam etc
    630-7ish shower
    7-730 - downtime, bottle for ds2 and then bed for ds1 and ds2

This obviously varies a lot if we go to Playgroup or somewhere. Or if ds2 is at kindy.
    But that's a pretty basic rundown of our day

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept
    😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    Soooo jealous your ds2 has 2x1.5h naps??? I wish I'm lucky if my dd has a 1 hour nap all day!! Ohhhh I wouldn't have to do my night cleaning if she slept like that..

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    Soooo jealous your ds2 has 2x1.5h naps??? I wish I'm lucky if my dd has a 1 hour nap all day!! Ohhhh I wouldn't have to do my night cleaning if she slept like that..
    I thought it was fairly normal?
    They need their sleep, he would be disgusting if he didn't sleep?

He either has two 1.5 hour sleeps or one 3hour sleep.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd doesn't sleep much during the day at least I get relief at night ( usually midnight to 9/10am in 3 or 4 hr blocks) my oby said his eldest daughter didn't sleep at all :0

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd mustn't have gotten the memo for how to be normal lol
    Yes it is normal just not for my Lo. Never been a great day sleeper although I shouldn't complain as she has slept through the night since she was 4 weeks old 11pm- 8/9am and 8pm-7am from 3 months. (Not including sick/teething)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 6 month old as well. I know what u mean. Our day is different alot but if we stay at home its a bit like this :
    8.00am - awake and playtime
    *i unpack dishwasher and make bub breakfast
    8.30am - breakfast
    *both of us
    9.00am - get dressed & play in cot
    * I have a shower and get ready
    9.30am - more playtime
    * play with bub, fold some washing, tidy up, vacuum
    10.00am - breastfeed
    10.30am - 11.30am naptime/ quiet time
    * I relax have a coffee or do something i cant do wen bubs awake or go for a walk if she not sleeping well
    12pm - playtime
    * i will make batch of food for bub and freeze
    12.30pm - lunch
    1pm-breastfeed
    1.30pm-2.30pm - naptime again
    * relax for me or hang out washing
    3pm - playtime! theres alot of that
    * play together
    4pm breastfeed
    4.30pm - maybe another nap for bub if im lucky
    * ill do more washing and get dinner ready
    5.30pm - dinner
    6pm bathtime then reading books
    6.30pm breastfeed
    7pm bed/ asleep
    * then i get our dinner ready but dont get to eat until about 8 pm

Its only a rough guideline..the times vary but its around those times every day. DD came up with the routine herself..i just follow her cues and they are usually the same every day

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 08-02-2014 at 00:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have DD-9 DS1-7 and DS2-18months and our day usually goes

4am - DH goes to catch the bus to work but first wakes me up to say goodbye and I go back to sleep

6am- I get up get the first load of laundry started and do 10-15 mins on the vibro trainer, then get all 3 kids breakfasts ready

6:30am - wake all 3 up and while they eat breakfast I make and have a smoothie and get the 2 older kids lunch box ready and get the first load of washing out of the machine. Once everyone is dressed I get the pj's on to wash. After they are ready and have school bags packed the older kids play in the lounge room with bub and watch cartoons while I get the morning dishes done.

8am- take the kids to school then stop at the shops on the way home to get whatever we need for the day/night.

9am is when I usually get back home and I get the last load of washing in usually towels or bed stuff and get groceries packed away

9:30am spend some time playing with bub and reading to him

10-10:15am is usually when he starts getting a bit hungry and wants food so I get him some morning tea and a drink.

10:30-10:45am is nap time and I will spend the first 20mins he is sleeping either catching up on here or FB or ig

11:15am I take advantage of the sleeping lil one and get all the food for dinner prepped by doing whatever needs peeled, chopped and measured out and into Tupperware containers and placed in the fridge and the clean up whatever mess that makes. If DS2 is still asleep I get what I can fit in done such as bathrooms cleaned, bills paid and clothes folded.

12:30ish DS2 will usually wake up so once he is fully awake I sit him up in his highchair for lunch and I will sit with him and have a yoghurt or something.

1pm Once he is finished I clean up the lunch mess then we vacuum (I say we because he LOVES the vacuum and pushes around a old dolls pram of his sisters trying to copy me)

1:30pm we play some more.

2:20pm go pick up the older 2 from school

2:50pm head out and pick up DH from work

3:20pm we get home and sort out the kids school bags getting lunch boxes and water bottles out and reading whatever notes they have and the kids have a bit of fruit for afternoon tea

3:45pm go for a family walk

4:30pm The kids have showers then DH will give DS2 a bath while I go back on the vibro trainer and then make a start on the lunches for the next day.

5pm feed the dogs and get all dinner stuff ready to be cooked I.e veggie in a saucepan of water, oven preheating while DH has a shower once he is out I go for mine and once I am done I get the clothes we wore that day washed

5:30pm cook

6pm dinner

6:30-6:45ish we have usually all finished and DH will do the dishes while I get the older kids to set up there homework which they do while I sweep the tiles areas with 'help' from DS2

7:15pm we sit down together for desert and spend time talking or playing games as a family

7:30-8pm the kids wind down their evening and brush their teeth, and go to bed and are allowed to read a book or watch a movie for 30 mins. DH and I take DS2 down to our room where we brush his teeth and get him settled into bed.

8:30pm DH and I go into a kids room each tuck them in and take a few minutes to say goodnight then switch to the other kid then it's lights out. Then we go have a cup of tea together, before heading off to bed where we read or do stuff on our laptops until we are ready to sleep before getting up to do it all over again.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    My dd mustn't have gotten the memo for how to be normal lol
    Yes it is normal just not for my Lo. Never been a great day sleeper although I shouldn't complain as she has slept through the night since she was 4 weeks old 11pm- 8/9am and 8pm-7am from 3 months. (Not including sick/teething)
    My ds1 was an angel, he slept through from 6 weeks from 7pm-8am but ds2 didn't sleep through until he was 8months old!
    Now both are good, they usually sleep from 730pm- 7-8am. If we've had a late night, thankfully they sleep in!
    My nieces get up at 530am regardless of what time they went to bed!!

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    When dd was 6 months she was napping 3x 40 minutes a day (this improved as she got older).

I'd set the washing machine on overnight so a load would be ready to hang. I'd bring dd out and let her muck with pegs whilst I'd hang it out. If she was grizzly I'd leave it till first nap.

I tidy end and out clothes away in dd's room whilst she played on her mat. Still not mobile at this stage.

1st nap is quick shower, prep lunch, figure out tea and pull stuff out, hang washing if needed etc

2nd nap I have a lay down

3rd nap I'd prep dinner.... I missed this when dd dropped to two naps!!!!

After tea is wash up, set washing machine up and relax. Everything else, like vacuuming and ironing gets done on weekends when DH can look after dd.

I keep a storage tub in every room and chuck toys and stuff in at end of day so at least it looks tidy and free of clutter.

Things like mopping, cleaning windows or oven etc doesn't happen anymore but we survive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Get a cleaner.

Although, when I only had one child, I found it easy to stay on top of things. Now I've got 3, I don't sweat the small stuff. We've got clean clothes, a clean house (might be messy sometimes but not dirty) and food to eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our day looks like (varies according to wake up times, lengths of naps but more or less the same most days)

7.15am: wake up, dress DD, give her bottle.
    Then she plays on her mat while I have breakfast and get dressed. I may also put on a load of washing here.
    8am: breakfast for DD. I spoon feed her, then vacuum the house while she is occupied with her finger food.
    8.30am: DD plays some more on mat while I tidy kitchen.
    8.45 - 10am: we play together, as she gets more tired she wants more attention! Sometimes we play outside on her mat here.
    10 - 11.30/12: DD naps. I do any quiet housework like dust, hang out washing, clean bathroom. We have a really small house so I can't do anything noisy or it wakes her. I can't even cook while she sleeps because the kitchen is right next to her room!
    12pm: DD wakes up, lunch shortly after. I have lunch and tidy kitchen while she is in her high chair.
    12.30 - 2pm: some sort of outing, shopping, walk, visiting, whatever.
    2pm: bottle then more play with mummy.
    3 - 4.30/5pm: DD naps. I may fold washing etc. but often have a rest and read on the couch!
    5pm: DD wakes and has dinner. I spoon feed her, then tidy kitchen and maybe prep some of our dinner while she eats finger food.
    5.30 - 6.15: play on mat etc. Usually daddy comes home here, yay!
    6.15 - 7pm: take DD in pram and walk dog.
    7.15: bath. Usually DH baths her so I pack up toys and tidy etc while she is in there.
    7.30: bottle
    7.45 Bed

We cook and eat dinner after she has gone to bed. We have always eaten late so doesn't bother me. I then tidy the kitchen and the house so I wake up to it clean the next day. I am usually in bed by 10pm.

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps!