+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re occurring urinary tract infections?

Just got a call from my dr I have a urinary tract infection AGAIN 3rd time in 6 months. Thing is I get NO symptoms what so ever no burning when I wee bo frequency nothing!! So I dont even know I have them this lead to a stay in hospital last time as I didnt know I had it and it travelled to my kidney.
    Anyone else have this problem? What could be the cause.
    I mean come on I even wipe front to back lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My doc told me that if your dry ish during s.ex then it can cause the infection. . Hands not being clean and touching down there etc.. plus not drinking enough water

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get it when dehydrated, or after I've eaten acidic foods like tomato, orange, pineapple. You might jut be prone to them now. I used to get them frequently (like a couple a month) when I was on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get them often. Ways to avoid them is always peeing straight after sex, drinking lots if water, taking regular cranberry tablets or drinking the juice regularly. And wiping as u do lol

Me: 31, DH: 33
    DD1: 8, DD2: 6 😃
    #3 due 5th Sept 2014 ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also drinking URAL cranberry once a week (2 sachets in glass of water) helps keep them away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had a UTI since I started weeing after sex. The doctor told me that the friction can transfer bacteria to the urethra during sex. Weeing as soon as you can afterwards flushes the bacteria back out again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as PP, I always do a toilet dash after & I stopped wearing G strings!! As soon as I stopped wearing them I never had a UTI again :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I used to get utis soooo often from 16 to 25 years old. In the end I went on 3 months of antibiotics and I was told to push at the end of weeing tmi as a small amount wasnt coming out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilWombatQueen View Post
    I've never had a UTI since I started weeing after sex. The doctor told me that the friction can transfer bacteria to the urethra during sex. Weeing as soon as you can afterwards flushes the bacteria back out again.
    Same here - ugh I hate having to drag myself out of bed when my legs are jelly but it's gotta be done!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with all the above comments and def get onto cranberry tablets. They help coat the urinary tract which helps prevent bacteria clinging to the sides of the urinary tract.

Try to get the strongest dose you can. I used to get a cenovis I think was 20,000mg and then was able to wean down to a lower dose after a while.