Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not taking sides here but if 10people sprayed a tiny bit to test the smell then you bought that bottle took it home and it lasted only 2weeks instead of 2months. Wouldn't you then be annoyed you bought a product that was used and you didn't get your money's worth?
    Maybe a few emails to the company's provide testers would solve all the problems?
    Yes she could have said something in a nicer way tho but maybe she was having a bad day? We all have them and slip up and are rude to others at some point. We are all human, maybe try forgiving her fault let it go and releasing yourself of this upsetment and stress you will feel better xx
    Just a thought....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Charlie Bear For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-02-2014),wilding  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my office were not allowed to spray aerosols due to whs issues ( inhaling them can be very dangerous for some.) maybe they have had people with breathing difficulties complain ( or worse) before, esp considering its a chemist where sick people go to get medication.

I know when I was pregnant I would avoid that section as it made me cough everytime not to mention the cheap fragrance making me want to hurl.

Funny story I know an old lady who, if she needs to let off wind in the supermarket will go to the toilet spray section and spray to cover it up haha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    If she had made you buy it and carried on about it then it'd be a different story but all she did was tell you not to do it so I really don't see the big deal.
    What do you hope to achieve out of this other than knowing what their policy is?
    She was aggressive and rude.
    I want to know if she has the store behind her or not before I confront them both.
    What do I want to achieve?
    A peaceful shopping experience next time, if an employee needs to be told how to talk to customers politely, then so be it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I have done it before, but I have always felt guilty about doing it because it's probably not the right thing to do. So if someone said something I'd apologize and move on.

As for the shop assistant, yeah she may have been rude but you could have also been the 10th person she told not to spray that day. If you were upset about that, get her name and complain. But honestly, it's not worth it.

So would I Anjalee, I would have politely moved on.
    It was ether aggression with which it was delivered that unnerved me.

Working on the rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, I totally get what a few have said about testing and if everybody tests it etc etc (I bought the one I tested btw)
    This is why when something is marketed for their scent and comes in 6 different variations ,they should have a test bottle out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As for wanting to know their store policy, I'm sure they would have the same policy as every other store; no stealing/damaging products.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another thing, even if there are testers sometimes people abuse them. I worked in a pharmacy, sick people come in. The parents would just allow their young kids to spray and spray and spray fragrance testers. Or teens, same thing. Its a health issue to spray deodorants especially in pharmacies due to severe asthmatics. Fragrance are usually in a controlled environment, aerosols are not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    She was aggressive and rude.
    I want to know if she has the store behind her or not before I confront them both.
    What do I want to achieve?
    A peaceful shopping experience next time, if an employee needs to be told how to talk to customers politely, then so be it.
    I doubt the store will defend her rude tone but they probably agree with what she actually said.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    as for wanting to know their store policy, i'm sure they would have the same policy as every other store; no stealing/damaging products.
    And that's fine but why can't I just get a straight answer then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    And that's fine but why can't I just get a straight answer then?
    You emailed the company who was then going to refer you to the individual store so you could find out their policy, but you didn't want to do that... That's why.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (08-02-2014)