Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a sneaky spray.
    I do think you are over thinking this. Yes she may not have been polite but is not that big of a deal. Just shop somewhere else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    I might have a sneaky spray in the lid too, but I think you're over thinking this all a bit too much.
    I get that she was rude, and that's not cool, but going into an investigation of store polices etc seems a bit over the top for such an inconsequential situation.
    No, I don't think it is.
    I believe it's a matter of a shop assistant getting too big for her boots and before I make my next move on the matter I'd like to know where I stand.
    That's how I chose to tackle it, might not be for you but it's not your problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I agree. I am definitely guilty of having a little spray in the lid however if I was told not to do it I'd just shrug it off and let it go. If it bothers you just shop elsewhere.
    But where does that get anyone?
    My point is was it the shop assistant's own opinion that I shouldn't test, or was she told that's her job and to ensure nothing in the shop is opened/tested?
    If it is, fair enough and then I'll only raise the issue of her attitude.
    If it's not I want to address both her attitude and what she was actually saying to me.

I don't intend to shop elsewhere after 7 yrs just because of this one employee, that's just silly. On the other hand if it is store policy, then I'll gladly shop elsewhere.

Don't see what the big fuss it about, I expect to be treated with respect the same way I treat shop workers with respect.
    To get to the gut of the matter I needed to ask a few questions and get an honest response that wasn't influenced by the retail manager talking to the store worker before talking to me and coming to an easy way to fob me off.
    I'm entitled to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    But where does that get anyone?
    My point is was it the shop assistant's own opinion that I shouldn't test, or was she told that's her job and to ensure nothing in the shop is opened/tested?
    If it is, fair enough and then I'll only raise the issue of her attitude.
    If it's not I want to address both her attitude and what she was actually saying to me.

I don't intend to shop elsewhere after 7 yrs just because of this one employee, that's just silly. On the other hand if it is store policy, then I'll gladly shop elsewhere.

Don't see what the big fuss it about, I expect to be treated with respect the same way I treat shop workers with respect.
    To get to the gut of the matter I needed to ask a few questions and get an honest response that wasn't influenced by the retail manager talking to the store worker before talking to me and coming to an easy way to fob me off.
    I'm entitled to do that.
    If she had made you buy it and carried on about it then it'd be a different story but all she did was tell you not to do it so I really don't see the big deal.
    What do you hope to achieve out of this other than knowing what their policy is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isnt it just common sense that you cant test? Technically you are opening a product. No tester equals no testing!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (08-02-2014),haveheart  (08-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (08-02-2014),~BEXTER~  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Isnt it just common sense that you cant test? Technically you are opening a product. No tester equals no testing!
    Exactly! It's technically stealing. So other than her bad attitude you were the one in the wrong.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (08-02-2014),Lincolns mummy  (08-02-2014),~BEXTER~  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you open a packet of chips and taste test them before you choose to buy them?
    You really are over reacting and I would imagine they have every right to tell you not to use a product without purchasing it.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (08-02-2014),Jellyfishie  (08-02-2014),Lincolns mummy  (08-02-2014),MrsBid  (08-02-2014),Purple Lily  (08-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (08-02-2014),~BEXTER~  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done it before, but I have always felt guilty about doing it because it's probably not the right thing to do. So if someone said something I'd apologize and move on.

As for the shop assistant, yeah she may have been rude but you could have also been the 10th person she told not to spray that day. If you were upset about that, get her name and complain. But honestly, it's not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Look at how many people have admitted to doing it, imagine everyone of us who said yes, picked up the same bottle and sprayed a bit in the lid to smell it, how much do you think would be taken out if the bottle?

Just because you sprayed the tiniest bit doesn't mean it doesn't impact on the sale of that item.

Yes she was rude, but it wasn't a tester, you shouldn't have been doing it, even though most people do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kind of agree with PPs. She was rude absolutely. But I think you're over reacting and taking it too far. Maybe she'd had a bad day? maybe you were the 6th person that day? should she control her emotions better at work? for sure but does she deserve her job being put at risk because you did something we all really know we're not meant to do? probably not

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-02-2014)