+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Analysis of fiscal policy going back to the 1970s shows that by and far Labor are better financial managers than Liberals (obviously there are exceptions on both sides). They left Australia as one of only 7 countries with a AAA credit rating. One of the first things the Liberals did first was raise the debt ceiling. Who is the ignorant one now?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (08-02-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Last year our very own NancyBlackett started a great thread on voting in Australia. It's a great place to start if you want to educate all the people you know who misunderstand the system, and there are heaps of other resources online that explain it all really well.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...deral-Election

http://australianpolitics.com/voting...rential-voting

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/fede...renceswork.htm
    Lol! I just messaged her to ask about that. Her inbox was full though.

Frankly, I find it frightening enough that I don't know how it works. It's even scarier than politicians don't. Thanks. =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    (Text deleted by Moderator)

I'm not that passionate about politics myself, but I enjoy reading these kind of threads on the hub because I can learn a lot from people in the know or who are passionate. Perhaps you are trying to preemptively strike the left-wing onslaught that Father has predicted, but, you know, that was completely unnecessary.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 08-02-2014 at 10:22. Reason: Ref to deleted text

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-02-2014),Mokeybear  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    I think people who are able to work should work. Obviously there are exceptions if you are on a disability pension or a carers pension and I'm sure many other exceptions.
    I think tony abbot is doing a fantastic job and so do almost all people I speak to.
    Someone has to clean up the mess this country was left in by the previous government.
    Single mums, job seekers who are actively looking, but have been unsuccessful in what is a fairly tight job market, especially for examples such as a PP gave... women who are 45+.

If paying a couple of bums to rort the system ensures all of the above are not abandoned and left to situations that I personally don't expect to occur in a country like Australia, then fine, welfare is such a non-issue and is used to distract people from real issues.

[Text deleted by Moderator]

I don't know why you are calling people brainless, ignorant and loony? But then, I also don't know why you think the current government are great. So I guess making sense isn't really your thing.

I own a business. Yes, I think there are ways to improve Australia for business, but unless I'm at a 300+ employee bandwidth, I doubt this government will do much for me, or for the thousands of small to medium sized businesses I work with.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 08-02-2014 at 10:24. Reason: Ref to deleted text

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-02-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-02-2014),Mokeybear  (08-02-2014),Purple Lily  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    !
    No doubt none of you labour supporters have ever owned your own business, you are probably public servant yourselves that's if you even work at all......
    As a public servant I find this part if your post particularly offensive and ask that you retract it. I am sure you are intelligent enough to conduct a debate without taking cheap pot shots at certain areas of the work force.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    As a public servant I find this part if your post particularly offensive and ask that you retract it. I am sure you are intelligent enough to conduct a debate without taking cheap pot shots at certain areas of the work force.
    So she should retract a comment saying that you were "probably a public servant" and you found it offensive because you are a public servant????

I'm sorry, but I don't think that part warrants a retraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can see this getting closed soon lol
    But anyway, as an average Australian on one middle income and govt assistance to help raise my kids, I don't see much difference in our life no matter who's in govt.
    We managed for some years without the school kids bonus and will manage again even though now I'm paying for private distance ed and was using that money.
    A coupon for marriage counselling is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. No doubt that will be cut shortly after introduction, about 2% of people would actually be interested in that. What will $200 get anyway? One session? Sounds helpful.
    I voted Abbott, lesser of two evils to me at the time.
    Like I said, I'm just your average person with no interest in politics and the govt takes care of us ok, no matter who's there.
    We still are a lucky country. God knows where my family would be in somewhere like the States.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure it requires a retraction either, but she was implying that Public Servants don't work, and that isn't fair, no matter which side of the political fence you sit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    So she should retract a comment saying that you were "probably a public servant" and you found it offensive because you are a public servant????

I'm sorry, but I don't think that part warrants a retraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I'm not sure it requires a retraction either, but she was implying that Public Servants don't work, and that isn't fair, no matter which side of the political fence you sit on.
    Not surprising. She must be one if Rupert's groupies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Father, for someone who reckons they don't even vote liberal you sure love defending them!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-02-2014)