Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    How horrifying.
    You have no idea.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I won't lie, no one round here cares much for cuts to newstart if that is what they decide to do. But they are annoyed re the backflip on school funding, getting rid of the school kid bonus. And surprisingly dredging the Great Barrier reef - which is interesting as we are nowhere near the sea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    I think people who are able to work should work. Obviously there are exceptions if you are on a disability pension or a carers pension and I'm sure many other exceptions.
    I think tony abbot is doing a fantastic job and so do almost all people I speak to.
    Someone has to clean up the mess this country was left in by the previous government.
    Well said. But this is not the forum to show support for Abbott. Good luck with the incoming attacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What mess?

I think people who are able to work should work. Obviously there are exceptions if you are on a disability pension or a carers pension and I'm sure many other exceptions.
    I think tony abbot is doing a fantastic job and so do almost all people I speak to.
    Someone has to clean up the mess this country was left in by the previous government.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (08-02-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ohh, and I'd hate to see what the middle income earners would do if they cut FTA.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I won't lie, no one round here cares much for cuts to newstart if that is what they decide to do. But they are annoyed re the backflip on school funding, getting rid of the school kid bonus. And surprisingly dredging the Great Barrier reef - which is interesting as we are nowhere near the sea.
    And you think that those issues are enough to change their votes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just took a quiz on Facebook about your TV tastes and what it means about your voting taste. I scored Liberal Democrat and my best TV buddy would be Alexander Downer - I thought that was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Well said. But this is not the forum to show support for Abbott. Good luck with the incoming attacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    And you think that those issues are enough to change their votes?
    No, not right now, but he isn't finished yet, he is obviously on a mission. I think it could go two ways, either he is smart about it like JH - does all the really big stuff in the first 18 months, and then gives out little tax breaks and nice little things in the last 18 months so everyone forgets and then votes them in again. If he goes hard the whole 3 years, I think it could backfire for him.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You clearly have no concept of what it is like for job seekers who are looking for work at the moment. I've been searching for work for a solid year and finished my degree a few months ago. I want to work. I can't find employment.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-02-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-02-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (08-02-2014)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    It's how I had it explained to me so *Shrug* and that was by someone in politics. I figured they'd know what they were on about. If they're wrong then they're wrong and so am I and most people I know.
    Last year our very own NancyBlackett started a great thread on voting in Australia. It's a great place to start if you want to educate all the people you know who misunderstand the system, and there are heaps of other resources online that explain it all really well.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...deral-Election

http://australianpolitics.com/voting...rential-voting

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/fede...renceswork.htm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

kw123  (08-02-2014)