+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Compared to this page which was started on Australia Day

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391756451.131380.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You do realise that there are a great deal of people out there that don't use social media like facebook right? It always amazes me how people think that a facebook page is an example of popular opinion. We are a country of over 22 million. Yet you think a page with 45,000 'likes' proves something? 'Likes' that could be coming from any country around the world.

If you would like to think that the majority do not support Abbott - then good for you. The reality is though - the majority voted for him, and will most likely vote for him again at the next election. Time will tell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there are a great deal of people who aren't questioned for your statistics to support your stance on how popular Liberal is so there you go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    And there are a great deal of people who aren't questioned for your statistics to support your stance on how popular Liberal is so there you go.
    ??? That doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simply the government cannot afford those who do not work and have no intention of working, the country is in so much debt, of course welfare will be the first to go. I hope they put more money into childcare and make it tax deductible otherwise it's just not affordable.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurora21 For This Useful Post:

Father  (08-02-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    ??? That doesn't make any sense.
    Sorry, haven't had any sleep.

Basically, you can say facebook "polls" don't count but the statistics you provide do. This makes no sense as the statistics don't represent all Australians. So, according to your statistics most Australians support the Abbot government. According to FB "polls" most don't. It's about as accurate as each other really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think Father's point is that most Australians clearly do support Abbott as they voted him in? The election wasn't that long ago. That's the real tragedy here.

I don't know many people who voted Lib but the ones who did don't regret it.

For the majority of Aussies not to support Abbott some (a lot) must have changed their mind since the election.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of people didn't understand they were voting liberal was the problem. Schools don't give education on how the voting system works. From my understanding, if you vote for a small party, you vote for them to have a seat but their preference goes to labor/liberal/the greens (I think?), so people who voted the Aus Sex Party (for example) didn't realise that vote would go to liberal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Sorry, haven't had any sleep.

Basically, you can say facebook "polls" don't count but the statistics you provide do. This makes no sense as the statistics don't represent all Australians. So, according to your statistics most Australians support the Abbot government. According to FB "polls" most don't. It's about as accurate as each other really.
    You couldn't be more wrong. A scientific poll is intended to be representative of all Australians. That is what makes it 'scientific'. Facebook 'likes' mean nothing, other than people viewing a page that was linked from a friend and 'liking' it.

But, if you are happy to think that 45,000 out of 22,000,000 don't like Abbott then great. That is 0.2% of the population! I'd be worried if I was Abbott.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    Simply the government cannot afford those who do not work and have no intention of working, the country is in so much debt, of course welfare will be the first to go. I hope they put more money into childcare and make it tax deductible otherwise it's just not affordable.
    The majority of those on welfare are those who can't work, or who's circumstances make working extremely difficult.

But yay. Let's ensure they don't have the means to get by, because an Australia with overcrowding, extreme homelessness, theft for survival is the Australia I pay taxes to live in, right?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-02-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-02-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (08-02-2014),onionskin  (08-02-2014),OurLittleBlessing  (08-02-2014),Star81  (08-02-2014)