+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Omg the tantrums is this normal.

Firstly I am sure my hair is turning grey. My just too year on daughter is a spectacular tantrum thrower but is it normal. Head banging. She will deliberately bang her head with a tantrum and of course will hurt herself from banging her head. Don't know what to do. I don't cope with her tantrums, and am starting to think this is extreme. My first born never really had a tantrum. And if her. Did they were done within five seconds. She bites and pinches and pushes. She will pinch out of frustration, try and bite me and will just keep going. At help or suggestions. She talks a lot for her age and will tell me exactly what she wants. No mummy I don't want to. Is her latest. Grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure!

Ds1 started having tantrums when he turned 3, he would lose patience quickly and lose it over things such as his train coming off it's track. He would throw himself on the ground, nothing such as what your saying your child is doing. It lasted 6mths and nearly drove me mental. Ds1 was delayed in his motor skills so I think that may have been why he had the frustration. Ds2 is nearly 3 and yet to go through the tantrum stage, I'm not sure he will, he's such a calm patient child and good motor skills.

perhaps get get the opinion of your child health nurse.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 06-02-2014 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 3 year old has started loosing it over random things too, although he doesn't bang his head thankfully. This allows me to just ignore him after giving him some coping mechanisms ie breathe and ask nicely! Hasn't worked in preventing the tantrums but has lessened the length and he speaks nicely in the end.
    Probably not much help but I'm thinking that providing alternate skills to coping may help but it's a long road - good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My almost 4 year old has had bad tantrums in the last 3 weeks from not wanting to go to bed, to me opening his yogurt and he didn't get to open it first. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and totally over it. Some days I wonder if it's normal or not. Mum said I was the same at this age, so it sounds like he inherited my moody temperament.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just getting my head around these foul tantrums as well. DD3 and a half never had a problem at 2 years we were so lucky, dec 7 woke up and throwing massive tantys at 18 kilos its hard to pick a child of that size off the pavement. But having started preschool this week we are improving thank the gods, but if I can see one starting I can on occasion distract her with conversation questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    I am just getting my head around these foul tantrums as well. DD3 and a half never had a problem at 2 years we were so lucky, dec 7 woke up and throwing massive tantys at 18 kilos its hard to pick a child of that size off the pavement. But having started preschool this week we are improving thank the gods, but if I can see one starting I can on occasion distract her with conversation questions.
    My ds3 started preschool last week and I think his tantrums have become worse since then. It must be the transitioning stage- it's terrible for me at the moment!

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️