+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is my chances the father of my child's mother will get what she wants?

Ok I have posted a few times but now I'm waiting for a request from my dd fathers mother to take me to court. Herself and her son haven't really resolved there issues but brushed them under the rug and I'm concerned to leave our daughter in their Care. I'm scared the situation would arise and I won't be present so I don't really want to risk that. I disagreed to her terms in mediation and I really don't want her there overnight. I'm just frightend that it will happen anyway but what I'd like is for the two of them get counselling together and alone. Then ill be more than happy.
    Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heidililith31; 06-02-2014 at 12:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm confused. Does your babies father and grandmother have a custody case against you? Why would a grandma have a legal claim over a child? What issues do they have? Have you sought legal advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im a bit confused to. So not the baby grandmother you're talking about its her great grandmother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm confused too, are you separated from your child's father, does he live with his mother, who is taking you to court?

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant even give any advice as I have no idea what is actually going on. Can you please explain some more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for all the confusion.
    The father and I were living with his mother and it didn't end well agreements kept happening between my partner and his mother and at times my partner and me. But my partner and his mother fights were taking there toll and I had enough and left and moved it with my parents. My partner was kicked out of his mother's home. Anyway I didn't know we were over then but we were. Anyway it was the actions the grandmother did that have just made me second guess her. Amoung all the yelling and conflict she brought out daughter out to us like she was covered in poo and blankly went bye and slammed the sliding door. She is taking me to court for over night visits and unsupervised visits.

Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you sought legal advice?

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can a grandmother even do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Can a grandmother even do that?
    I think they can if they can prove they have played a significant role in the child's life. I may be wrong though.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have absolutely no expertise in this area whatsoever but I have read similar stories on the hub before, the result being that a grandparent has no legal claim to any visitation of a grandchild.