+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for posting this Tashiee & to everyone who answered - my bub is due 1st July so I was wondering the same thing

Got some useful information and I think I will also wait until after the baby shower to work out what I still need

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This was a great read, I was only thinking about this today! Our baby is due early August and were having a surprise as well! We're in chilly ACT so keeping baby warm enough is something I've been worrying about. I'm adding footed pants to the list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Onesies/jumpsuits that button all the way to the top (not like those stupid bonds wonder suits things). Never quite understood why people dress babies under 3 months in proper clothes, I found it so hard and expensive, my kids lived day and night in jumpsuits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Onesies/jumpsuits that button all the way to the top (not like those stupid bonds wonder suits things). Never quite understood why people dress babies under 3 months in proper clothes, I found it so hard and expensive, my kids lived day and night in jumpsuits
    I agree! Both my boys were winter babies and they were in those flannelette onesies for the first few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Instead of traditional singlets - we used the short sleeve, no leg bodysuits. They have snaps that do up between the legs and don't ride up the baby's back, keeping them that little bit warmer in winter. Target used to sell 5-packs of them in white, pink or blue. We bought white for the unisex factor and they have lasted 3 kids so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Instead of traditional singlets - we used the short sleeve, no leg bodysuits. They have snaps that do up between the legs and don't ride up the baby's back, keeping them that little bit warmer in winter. Target used to sell 5-packs of them in white, pink or blue. We bought white for the unisex factor and they have lasted 3 kids so far.
    I did the same, he had a little singlet onesie under everything he wore, they are so much better than normal singlets because they don't ride up. I ended up having to buy more after he was born because I had no idea how much we were going to use them.

Along with the singlets he pretty much lived in long jumpsuits for the first month or so, and after that we would also sometimes put him in trackie pants with a long sleeve shirt over his singlet suit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I've got these for bub too, big w have them as cheap as chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LO was born on 9th July last year. He lived in Bonds suits, singlets and flannelette wraps. I had a couple of furry little suits (the ones that are like blankets and make them look and feel like teddy bears- gorgeous!) to wear over Bonds suits when we were going out in the weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This makes me very glad I laybyed a heap of the singlet onesies! I have a bit of a thing about clothes riding up and baby bellies hanging out. Lol. OCD much? It'd be horrible for them in the winter though! Brr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My winter baby lived in bodysuits with knitted cardis over the top. Or the cute little tights from kmart or big w with a wondersuit underneath and a knitted cardi (I love bubbas in knitted things if you can't tell). Always socks and a singlet under the wondersuit, and mittens and beanies. I personally hate jeans on little babies, but I think tights are cute for the little girls and trackie sets came in handy too