+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Winter baby attire

What did you find your newborn wore most in winter? I don't really want to go crazy buying a million outfits if they wont really be worn. Baby is due on 4th July.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tashiee For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Onesies and wraps/bunny rugs beanies and mittens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

Tashiee  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wondersuits & other all-in-one suits. The ones with the zips are super easy to do up so bubs isn't uncovered & cold for long.

1-2 nicer outfits for when you go somewhere special and a couple cardigans/jackets for when you go outside for a walk in the pram etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Tashiee  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    (4th july is my DD1's bday 😬)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I thought. How many would you aim to have before bubba is born. We wont find out the sex so I also don't want too many as im sure I would like to get cute ones more gender specific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashiee View Post
    That's what I thought. How many would you aim to have before bubba is born. We wont find out the sex so I also don't want too many as im sure I would like to get cute ones more gender specific.
    Depends on how often you want to wash....
    If you don't have a puker I'd say one per day.... That's just me though I put clean clothes on DD everyday as she is quite a sweaty baby.
    In the beginning we had a few poo-plosions so she'd need two a day but if you had half a dozen you could wash once or twice a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have at least 5 outfits to start with in hospital bag, particularly if you plan on staying a few nights. You may only need a couple, but if he/she wees or poos on them - they will need instant changing and there is no washer to quickly pop them through and if DH takes them home to wash it will take until the next evening for them to be clean and dry.

The hospital is usually heated so shouldn't need to layer other than normal wraps and blankets in the crib.

Outside the hospital - as a PP said - onesies for at-home days and most of the time they are in pram/capsule with a blanket over them if out, and a couple of good outfits. If you wash every second day - then it does depend on if child has reflux or explosions/wees - I would have about 8 everyday wear outfits - it's winter and harder to dry things sometimes...unless you dryer everything.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 05-02-2014 at 15:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In addition to what's been suggested I'd get 6-8 unisex all in ones (the ones where you can fold over their hands) plus a few long sleeve no leg bodysuits and some footed pants. Even though bub will be wrapped I found their feet were still cold so I'd get some booties as well. They're great for when you're out. Sometimes they don't stay on though so when we were just at home I'd put little socks underneath the footed pants or all in ones and they stayed on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, that's a good place to start. Think I will wait until after the baby shower, see what we get then make sure we have enough outfits for everyday. I would like enough so I don't have to wash everyday as I am sure getting used to a newborn will be enough to think about other than daily washing to ensure baby has a clean outfit. I think I will aim for about 8 as a start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id just aim for a half dozen onesie/wondersuits then go on a shopping spree or online shopping spree once bub arrives