+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This absolutely scares the crap put of me. Something so common that can cause such an outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very tragic You can get cord wind ups ( I got these from bunnings) if you do have dangling cords and want to keep them out of reach.

Good to get the message out though to just keep cots away from blinds or anything whey can grab and choke on.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391559955.984404.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (05-02-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Very tragic You can get cord wind ups ( I got these from bunnings) if you do have dangling cords and want to keep them out of reach.

Good to get the message out though to just keep cots away from blinds or anything whey can grab and choke on.

Attachment 49998
    Thanks for posting that Clementine I must get some of these as we have blind cords everywhere in our new house. Thankfully my DS's cot is on the opposite side of the room from the blind. Our old house was much safer with all curtains

Thanks
    Reviews
    we dont have the cot or bed near the blinds. its on the other side of the window. we have venetian blinds and the cords have been tied up in a knot onto a hook above the window.
    my mum has those vertical blinds with a chain/cord linking them all together at the bottom. i honestly hate those blinds. accident waiting to happen. i have to fully open the blinds at her house while my kids are sleeping there. i then lift them up and hang them above the window and loop them on the rod thing they are on. My kids sleep on the oposite side of the blinds but i still dont take any chances.

its really sad the message isnt getting through. some blinds should be banned from even being made because of this risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby's room is so small that anywhere I put it (the cot) it would be near a window:/

Currently NO window coverings at all - we moved in last March and only started decorating it for bub a couple of months ago.......

This might be a silly question, but I was just thinking of getting curtains, without any kind of tie back (so you just pull on the actual curtain to open/close).....this would be a safe alternative, yes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little duck, what about roller blinds? The cord is secured tight to the side of the window frame, and if pulled hard enough will snap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best thing we can all do is spread the word.. Social media is great so share the link on your Facebook or twitters, just get it out there!! I know one of the families who lost their little one last year and it broke my heart.. Hopefully raising the awareness more will stop more young lives Being taken so soon..

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Little duck, what about roller blinds? The cord is secured tight to the side of the window frame, and if pulled hard enough will snap.
    We have these. The cords are short usually too and tight against the window frame so cant be reached or come loose. Also have just eyelet curtains over the blackout blind and have no strings or cords needed for them . Safety first

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: *Possible Trigger* Blind cord safety

We have blinds installed recently and we were given this brochure for some tips: http://www.blindsonline.com.au/files...y_Brochure.pdf

News like the one posted here really makes me worried about the kids' safety at home. That's why we try our best to at least lower the chances of encountering blinds accidents in the household. The kids can also understand the dangers somehow, since we made them watch some videos about it: http://parentsforwindowblindsafety.o...utions/videos/.

I hope there will be more awareness about the high risks involved in window/home furniture at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, old thread dbl post
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 18-10-2014 at 15:18.