I just saw this http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226818051577
A TODDLER has died after she was found choking on a blind cord at her Quakers Hill home.
The latest incident comes just days after 16-month-old Tabitha Slade died in hospital after she became tangled in a blind cord in her bed at her Hornsby home.
Last year 18-month-old Jack Mackay died after a venetian blind cord became tangled around his neck, while he was playing in his cot at his Port Stephens home on the state's mid-north coast.
When we moved into our current rental this year the looped blind cords weren't fixed and were hanging low, just off the ground. I thought it was now a legal requirement but the RE agent said a lot of new houses have cords that aren't fixed or secured.
If you live in VIC you can get a free blind cord kit here: http://multimedia.consumer.vic.gov.a...d-safety-kits/
I think there's 5 in the kit, and I ordered extras from ebay (can't remember how much but they were very cheap).
If you live in Tassie you can order a free kit here: http://www.consumer.tas.gov.au/produ...ty/blind_cords