+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twin birth stories

Hi everyone! I'm expecting my first babies in July and they are twins

I was wondering if there are any other twin mums out there and if they wouldn't mind sharing their birth stories. Specifically, did you go natural or caesar? Did you use pain relief? Did the twins come super early? We're they head down? Is there anything you would've done differently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there. Congratulations! Twins are such a blessing.
    Mine are now 7 months old, identical girls. I had a great healthy pregnancy with only heartburn causing any difficulties. The babies were head down from early on and grew very evenly. I had scans every month, then every fortnight to keep an eye on them.
    At 35 weeks I went for a check up and my blood pressure was high so the ob did further checks and I had pre~ eclampsia. I hadn't had amy symptoms. So I was in hospital that night and had a c section the next morning.. It was decided that with my age, the pre eclampsia and having twins it was safer not to try natural birth. Bubs were born healthy at just over 5 pound (2.3kg). They had a feeding tube and I also breastfed until they were strong enough to fully breastfeed two weeks later and we went home then. They didn't need any other special care and were with me in my room the whole time.
    No health problems for the bubs and they have made excellent progress. I found recovery from the c section really good.
    In answer to your question about doing anything differently, I'd probably stop working earlier. I worked up to when I had the bubs and I wonder if this contributed to my pre eclampsia. I might have pushed myself too far. But I felt good so I kept going.
    Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by NAT256; 05-02-2014 at 06:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi there, I have fraternal boy twins. The pregnancy was uneventful, but as PP said, lots of scans. They were in an odd position from the start - Twin A footling breech and twin b head down, that combination is an automatic c/section due to the risk of the babies locking jaws. I went into labour at 35 weeks, but it was stopped (when I say stopped, I still had contractions 24 hours a day for 9 days) with medication and bed rest. They entered the world at 36+2 both with an apgar of 9, they were 2.3kg and 2.4kg respectively and had no issues. Good luck with your twin journey!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Here is mine

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    clever nomsie, put a link to save typing!! I don't know how to do that, so im sorry for repeating my story, but here it is for cocoblue. I had my twins at 37 wks, spontaneous vaginal delivery. about 12 hour labour. some gas no other pain relief. No one knew I was having twins, I found out on the delivery table. Both girls in the perfectly good birth position, head down. Twin 1 was birthed, and four minutes later twin 2. My ob actually reached in, turned twin 2 around and pulled her out by one leg. so technically she was breech birth, twin 1 svd. identical twins, one placenta. Good weights, 4pounds 7 oz for twin 2 and 5 pd 7 ozs for twin 1. Nothing special needed, no oxygen, only cot rest for 24 hours. I was able to start breastfeeding from the second day. All good, they are mothers now. Sorry for the short hand version. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats on your twin pregnancy!
    I have fraternal boys who'll be 3 in June. My pregnancy was not great - I had unexplained dizziness and fainting for almost all of my pregnancy. I started swelling around 32 weeks and had awful reflux from around then too. Presenting twin was engaged around 30/31 weeks, then breech again by 32 and he didn't turn again. Was admitted to hospital at 34+6 with contractions which they gave me meditation to try stop, but it didn't work. And was also diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Aim was to get to 36+4 to mature their lungs as much as possible but my body started to give up the night of 35+3 and they were born via c-sect the next day at 35+4. I needed a blood transfusion before surgery because my iron levels were too low. Had a spinal block for the c-sect. They were born weighing 2.2kg & 2.5kg, no breathing issues, developed mild jaundice a at a few days old but didn't require phototherapy. They were mostly tube fed while we tried to establish suck feeding. I struggled a lot with breast feeding so we switched to bottles with EBM and formula on day 7 and the boys both came home on day 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for sharing your beautiful birth stories.

It sounds like no matter what happens of how you get there, the end result is perfect

I can't wait to meet my 2 little ones. I'll try to stay positive and hops nothing goes wrong but I will be mindful things don't always go to plan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Coco and ladies,
    Lovely to hear all the positive stories!

Just thought I would say hi to Coco as Im having twins and due in July too! Hope your going well and coping in this heat!
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi spud that's fantastic news! Congratulations We will have to exchange notes! Are these your first babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Spud & coco blue I'm also expecting twins in July!! Our first babies

Would love to join in the conversation if that's ok and definitely up for exchanging notes. How many weeks are you both? What's your due dates? Identical or fraternal? Are you going to find out their genders? How's your bump going? Have either of you started shopping yet? Hope you don't mind me asking! It's nice to find some fellow twin mummas ! Xx