+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    I know right? I try not to judge, I really do, but I actually didn't know people did that.
    I've been advised by two separate gp's that Nutella is a good fat because it has the natural hazelnut oils in it.

I limit the amount of chocolate my children eat but my eldest son has Nutella on bread every morning before school.

Not saying that I don't support a ban and I certainly don't whinge about not being able to send Nutella sandwiches.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 04-02-2014 at 18:10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My question was genuine. Not being sarcastic or disagreeing with this idea at all. Was just curious.
    I am hyper alert about other things with my dd and her health but not allergies as she hasn't shown any allergies but I was curious.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I knew your question was genuine - I was giving a genuine answer.

Sorry if I came across rude?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I've been advised by two separate gp's that Nutella is a good fat because it has the natural hazelnut oils in it.

I limit the amount of chocolate my children eat but my eldest son has Nutella on bread every morning before school.
    That makes sense. It does have shizloads of sugar - it's the main ingredient. But I suppose it's no different to jam or honey on toast which I give my kids, so will take of my judgey hat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't send nuts to school but do send homemade muffins which has egg in, honestly didn't think about that.

This is another genuine question, when you have a muesli bar that says may contain traces of nuts is that a no no too? It's always confused me.

I have no issue with a blanket ban, my kids don't know what Nutella even is, they don't have peanut butter or jam (no allergies just too high in sugar) but they do have some honey on weetbix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a child who is allegic to nuts so i totally agree and i also have another son who is allergic to apples second day back at school the little boy sitting beside him ate an apple they had to stand up and hold the hand of the person they were sitting next too and my son said to the teacher that he was allergic to apples and she said he was lying and when he got home he was sick as and then he told me what happened well i upped the school the next day and they were very apologetic i took in more paperwork that i have to prove this they now know about it and a plan in action.
    They should blanket ban 100% agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    I knew your question was genuine - I was giving a genuine answer.

Sorry if I came across rude?
    No worries. Tone is hard to get on the Internet!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I agree with the blanket ban. While mine love to eat nuts and peanut butter they can have them at home for afternoon tea and on the weekend. It is not like there aren't plenty of other foods that can be sent to school instead.

If people are really upset about no Nutella surely they can make their own out of Chickpeas and is therefore nut free.
    A bit OT but you have to be careful with chick peas and other similar stuff like baked beans too sometimes with peanut allergies. Chickpeas, baked beans etc. are legumes as are peanuts (they aren't actually 'nuts') my ds has had a reaction to guar gum and slight reaction to baked beans, (not anaphylactic reaction like peanuts though just a rash and hives)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post

This is another genuine question, when you have a muesli bar that says may contain traces of nuts is that a no no too? It's always confused me.

I wonder that as well, but am guessing they are ok mostly cause most pkt food says may contain traces of nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post

Not saying that I don't support a ban and I certainly don't whinge about not being able to send Nutella sandwiches.
    Enormous amount of sugar though. Definitely not a "healthy" option. Not saying its terrible to ever have it, but it's kind of like saying cake is good for you because it's got egg in it and eggs are good for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I actually just had a big sigh of relief, I've been reading all the "my precious poppet shouldn't have to go without nuts for 6 hours, it's not my fault your kid has an allergy" comments all over Facebook today (not of my friends, but on open fb pages, like mammamia etc) . It's reassuring that nobody has said anything like that here....

Yet.... -.-

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wtf. I can't believe people believe their right for their kids to eat nuts outweighs another child's right to attend school without the real risk of death due to anaphylaxis.

I agree with it 100% OP. Nuts do and have killed kids in Australian schools. . It's horrific and very easily managed.

We ban soft drinks and they don't kill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast