+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Seriously? What's in hydroponic weed :/ errrrr! So many chemicals your getting stoned off that not the weed itself

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I probably should have clarified...only bushies. I smoked some hyro weed in my earlier years and i never liked the high i got. I switched to only bushies(as in only buying from people who grow (not under lights etc) and it was so much better.
    Just wanted to clarify too that i no longer smoke, i stopped when we started trying to get preg but i (and other i know) have not had any adverse reactions or long term effects of it.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think an issue is that nobody knows if they have long term side effects from any drugs they ingest at an earlier age. Whether that's because the effects haven't surfaced yet or because the level of self awareness isn't apparent is another issue.

As I've said previously - the fact that anyone I've spoken to regarding alcohol or weed usage whether at the time or later, have a very different view of how the drug has affected them when compared to the people around them who have either witnessed them on the drug, or witnessed personality changes which have occurred following use of the drug.

The use of prescription drugs is a scary one. Prescription drugs are great for the person who has had them prescribed carefully for their condition, but over use, or use by someone who doesn't have the chemical imbalance requiring the prescription of that drug is in very real danger of dangerous changes happening in their physical and mental health

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (06-02-2014)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Wow - those horrible unfortunate reactions are more likely linked to the persons physical and mental health issues at the time.... or by consuming the wrong specie....which depending on the type will cause brain damage, or kidney failure and/or death. So sorry to hear that happened to them
    Unless you're a doctor, this can be very wrong. No one knows how something as volatile as a magic mushroom will effect them. Same as no one was able to predict the deaths of some of the people who have died following ecstasy usage.

Deaths from any psychosis inducing drug can happen at any time without any warning and suggesting that the death was due to the batch or a pre-existing condition suggests that there is more that needs to be done regarding educating people in the community regarding usage of "naturally occurring hallucinogens".

As I've said before, if any substance gives a "high" or a psychotic episode (ie. hearing voices, or seeing auras or feeling different things) then it's changed your brain make up. Your brain may be able to cope with retraining pathways to an extent, but don't assume any deaths or misadventures are from a "poor batch" or a pre-existing condition - for any mind altering substance.

I myself have certainly tried various substances, however, do not kid myself about the fact that if something alters my consciousness or whatever that it is harmless. Maybe it's the fact that I have a background in Neuroscience, but I worry that people think because they don't perceive they have an issue then there isn't one or that they don't "feel" any effects later... that there aren't actually any.

I am not a goody two shoes myself, and I don't kid myself that my children will or won't try any of the substances suggested previously, but I hope as others have suggested, they'll go through a phase and move on, which does, perhaps (in the realm of some drugs) allow for the body to recover properly.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 06-02-2014 at 02:29.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (06-02-2014),atomicmama  (06-02-2014),Busy-Bee  (06-02-2014),Kazza78  (06-02-2014),MissMuppet  (06-02-2014),Purple Lily  (06-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (06-02-2014),VicPark  (06-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had to choose a drug I'd still day no. I have never smoked a cigarette, or been drunk and I sure as hell haven't done any drugs.
    My parents were also the same so I'm confident that my DD will also follow in my footsteps and not want to take anything that alters her state of consciousness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Interesting you should say that about the long term effects of heroin. I watched a doco on drugs and they say they don't know the long term effects of heroin... Because no one lives long enough for them to study it. Terrifying!
    That was slightly off topic... Sorry haha

But I definitely agree. Pot does horrific long term damage. It is also a major contributor to conditions such a COPD. Pot is so bad because it leaves so much moisture in your lungs. Not to mention it's a gate way drug, can lead to psychosis etc
    That explains a lot about my ex.. He's smoked pot since he was a teenager. Every day I believe.. I have tried it but can't imagine being able to function on it daily ugh. I didn't find it that pleasant either. Everything just felt foggy and weird, it would be a form of torture to make me smoke it on going lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was younger I smoked weed - just grown never hydro, ciggarettes and drank like a fish.. My friends got into the party drug scene and I'm proud to say that not once even when offered to me did I take them. It didn't interest me at all and it scared me to think about what is actually in them.. I mean seriously what is in them?! I hope to god that my kids don't ever get into anything hardcore! In their day and age I'm sure they will dabble in things but I hope that they are sensible and educated enough to know better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Endone was good. Made me very sleepy. I'd defiantly take that over any other illegal drug.
    Second would be alcohol.
    I hate smoking and don't like needles so wouldn't be any good for me to take other drugs.

I will be giving the drug talk shortly after the sex talk with my DS.

Single mum to DS (5y.o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Unless you're a doctor, this can be very wrong. No one knows how something as volatile as a magic mushroom will effect them. Same as no one was able to predict the deaths of some of the people who have died following ecstasy usage.

Deaths from any psychosis inducing drug can happen at any time without any warning and suggesting that the death was due to the batch or a pre-existing condition suggests that there is more that needs to be done regarding educating people in the community regarding usage of "naturally occurring hallucinogens".

As I've said before, if any substance gives a "high" or a psychotic episode (ie. hearing voices, or seeing auras or feeling different things) then it's changed your brain make up. Your brain may be able to cope with retraining pathways to an extent, but don't assume any deaths or misadventures are from a "poor batch" or a pre-existing condition - for any mind altering substance.

I myself have certainly tried various substances, however, do not kid myself about the fact that if something alters my consciousness or whatever that it is harmless. Maybe it's the fact that I have a background in Neuroscience, but I worry that people think because they don't perceive they have an issue then there isn't one or that they don't "feel" any effects later... that there aren't actually any.

I am not a goody two shoes myself, and I don't kid myself that my children will or won't try any of the substances suggested previously, but I hope as others have suggested, they'll go through a phase and move on, which does, perhaps (in the realm of some drugs) allow for the body to recover properly.
    Sorry, while your post is fair, magic mushrooms are not in the same ball park as a artificial drug such as Ecstasy. Ecstasy is made up now days mostly of scrummy chemicals and caffeine. I get my info from just personal experience from being interested in them for many years, and from researching them for my own interest and harm reduction over about a decade. A website which is dedicated to information on natural plant drugs also claim the rarity of deaths from mushrooms alone. Here is the link if you are interested at all: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushroo...ms_death.shtml

I am definitely not a doctor either! But I kid you not, one of the first people I ever did share a magic mushroom experience with is a friend who is (and was back then) a doctor. He still to this day speaks very highly of them. It's actually people like himself who have helped me learn they are one of the safer options, compared to something man made and artificial.

I am not trying to win anything here, but just wanting to help clarify my post and reasons to why if DS must try anything at all, then mushrooms i would choose.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 06-02-2014 at 22:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Sorry, while your post is fair, magic mushrooms are not in the same ball park as a artificial drug such as Ecstasy. Ecstasy is made up now days mostly of scrummy chemicals and caffeine. I get my info from just personal experience from being interested in them for many years, and from researching them for my own interest and harm reduction over about a decade. A website which is dedicated to information on natural plant drugs also claim the rarity of deaths from mushrooms alone. Here is the link if you are interested at all: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushroo...ms_death.shtml

I am definitely not a doctor either! But I kid you not, one of the first people I ever did share a magic mushroom experience with is a friend who is (and was back then) a doctor. He still to this day speaks very highly of them. It's actually people like himself who have helped me learn they are one of the safer options, compared to something man made and artificial.

I am not trying to win anything here, but just wanting to help clarify my post and reasons to why if DS must try anything at all, then mushrooms i would choose.
    Fair call. I totally agree that most man made drugs are very harmful, however, I stand by the fact that any substance, be it man made, or "natural" if it alters brain chemicals (induces psychosis - which pot, and mushrooms etc will do) it is harmful. The extent of that harm is tricky to know. It depends upon a lot of factors, such as: a persons predisposition to having chemical brain imbalance (eg. schizophrenia, depression); the amount consumed; the time frame the drug is ingested; the strength of the drug etc.

I've read a fair bit on schizophrenia and depression and pot use, and the research jury is still out on whether the people who show signs of these two conditions following use of the drug were going to develop the conditions anyway, and whether the use of the drugs sped the process up, or whether it was immaterial, or whether the drug use was nothing to do with it. One train of thought is that people who develop psychiatric conditions following drug use, may have been seeking out self medication with the use of the drug.

I am a realist when it comes to drug use, and I'm no saint myself, the thing that would concern me is if my children do start to experiment with drugs, then don't get to experience natural highs that come from doing things purely from the joy of it. The way that some people can no longer go out and enjoy themselves without the use of some sort of drug, whether that's alcohol, or pot, or ecstasy or whatever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have taken a lot of drugs in my time. I've never been into hash or pot and I've never done heroin or injected drugs, but my worst experience on any drugs was magic mushrooms. I was so paranoid. I thought people were talking about me, making fun if me, laughing at me. It was horrible. I was at a party at a house that I had never been to before. I did do mushrooms again in familiar places (my house or a friend's) and had a much better experience on them.

You used to be able to buy them in shops at Camden in London when I lived there but just as I was coming back to Australia (2005) they made it illegal to sell them in those shops.