Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm if I had to choose I would say Valium

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Magic Mushrooms.

The reasons are - they are not addictive at all. They can also teach you a lot about yourself. And are proven to help people cope with depression, and have been used in other countries to help patients cope with their fatal illness. They are not addictive whatsoever, are completely natural, there is NO proven damage from them, they actually detox your body and are linked to clearing out UTI's (a Chinese remedy) when used in small doses.

The 'trip' can be quite intense, and while it can be an enlightening experience; (or dark - depending on your mindset) it's not something you will want to run back and do again the next day or anything. It is not possible to become physically addicted to them, and you don't have a nasty recovery afterwards either as they are natural and as i said - they clean you out.

The reality is, in the world we live in our kids will be definitely exposed to drugs. My plan is to be as open with DS as possible so he knows he can open up to me.
    I had a close friend in high school that took some magic mushy's at a party and took all his parents furniture outside and burnt it on the front yard. He ended up on the front yard having seizures and foaming from the mouth and the ambulance was called. He spent a week in hospital and was never the "same" again.

I would take valium and a bottle of wine and get the best damn sleep I could.... That to me, is just about the best "high" i could possible think of right now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

gumnutbaby  (07-02-2014),loislane2010  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weed and alcohol, would be intrigued by MDMA...

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Magic Mushrooms.

The reasons are - they are not addictive at all. They can also teach you a lot about yourself. And are proven to help people cope with depression, and have been used in other countries to help patients cope with their fatal illness. They are not addictive whatsoever, are completely natural, there is NO proven damage from them, they actually detox your body and are linked to clearing out UTI's (a Chinese remedy) when used in small doses.

The 'trip' can be quite intense, and while it can be an enlightening experience; (or dark - depending on your mindset) it's not something you will want to run back and do again the next day or anything. It is not possible to become physically addicted to them, and you don't have a nasty recovery afterwards either as they are natural and as i said - they clean you out.

The reality is, in the world we live in our kids will be definitely exposed to drugs. My plan is to be as open with DS as possible so he knows he can open up to me.
    A close friend of mine has an Aunty who has brain damage because of magic mushrooms

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hard choice..

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The most interesting thing when sober is to realise that the only people that think pot usage or alcohol usage is not a problem is the users themselves.

My thoughts are that anything that gives you altered sense of consciousness has played with your brain and is therefore far from harmless regardless of how "natural" it is purported to be.

I am well aware that my children are likely to experiment with some form of drug as they get older, but assuming any drug is going to be more safe than another is fooling yourself as well as your children.

Some of my worst experience have been trying to convince someone that when they have only "had a couple of drinks" they are not fine to drive or think rational thoughts (although they feel fine), or "they are just mellow and fine" when they've been smoking pot (when really they are very antisocial).

Once someone takes a mind altering substance, (including alcohol and pot) their rational thought has been altered, so the opinion of a person using pot or actively consuming more alcohol than one standard drink an hour, if the usage of these drugs is safe and "natural" or "harmless" is a moot point.

I haven't come across too much in terms of mixing with people taking other mind altering substances (tobacco doesn't alter your mind as such, just kills lung and brain cells) so the examples I've given are the substances I've witnessed more than others.

It used to concern me how friends I had who said they were so much better than tobacco smokers because they smoked pot and it was "natural" and therefore didn't have the same negative effects on their body, however, as I became more aware of people's reactions, I realised it was actually that they weren't aware of the negative effects that their use of pot was having, because using it themselves, they had altered their awareness of others and their behaviour. Alcohol is another biggie. The more you hang out with people who think it's fine to have "just a couple" (and their couple may be two pints) the more you realise that their rational judgement is non existent.

It is reality that kids will try drugs, but don't kid yourself that any drug is harmless or better than another for someone to try.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (05-02-2014),MrsHoward  (05-02-2014),OurLittleBlessing  (05-02-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (06-02-2014),SuperGranny  (05-02-2014),VicPark  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    MDMA (ecstasy). It is overall less harmful than alcohol. Yes there have been a few deaths, but much lower proportionally than alcohol-related deaths.
    Alcohol is more widely used and accessible so I dont think its a fair comparison.

I know a few people who were E heads that killed themselves. It kills the serotonin in ur brain. It was described to me as "ending up in a dark black hole that u cant get out of"

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about the green whistle. I had an ambulance ride with the green whistle and omg that is good sh1t.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-02-2014),Stretched  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    World of Warcraft? Does that count? The way it takes over lives it might as well be.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (05-02-2014),Mod-pegasus  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    None. Zero tolerance here. Dd would be straight off to rehab if she so much as considered anything. I plan on being straight up & honest with her about the effects and damage not only of the drugs but of associating with people who do them. Even more so for DD as she was born with impaired kidney function (basically only one of them actually works)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast