+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default If you HAD to choose a drug, what would it be?

Just been thinking about children/teenagers and drugs.
    The fact of the matter drugs are out there and most kids (probably) will try at least one at some point.
    We all no the dangers of drugs...heroin, weed, crack, alcohol, tobacco, meth etc but lets face it, kids/teenagers will be exposed to them. Whether it be in the streets, at school or at home (alcohol/tobacco)

So my question is, if you HAD to Choose a drug, what would it be?

Of course ideally our kids/teenagers would go through life not trying any of these drugs but the reality of it is very different, considering what a large part alcohol plays in our society.

Mine would be weed. I personally feel it is the most natural of all drugs and less addictive too. Its not the most intense of drugs (that ive read, ive never tried anything other than weed, booze and smokes) and the dangers arent as bad as some.

Having said that, i would not encourage my kids to try it but i wouldnt be as disappointed if the did that instead of say heroin or even alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never done drugs ever or had a cigarette even though I've been exposed many many times and could easily access it.

I'd choose having willpower to say nothing!
    There are nothing good about drugs or smoking, I simply couldn't justify an answer for you.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bplus3 For This Useful Post:

amazonbaby  (04-02-2014),babyblu11  (05-02-2014),btmacxxx  (05-02-2014),Busy-Bee  (04-02-2014),Fiery  (04-02-2014),KillerHeels  (04-02-2014),Missabubble  (07-02-2014),MissMuppet  (04-02-2014),NurseAnni  (07-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (06-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (05-02-2014),threechooks  (04-02-2014),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Just been thinking about children/teenagers and drugs.
    The fact of the matter drugs are out there and most kids (probably) will try at least one at some point.
    We all no the dangers of drugs...heroin, weed, crack, alcohol, tobacco, meth etc but lets face it, kids/teenagers will be exposed to them. Whether it be in the streets, at school or at home (alcohol/tobacco)

So my question is, if you HAD to Choose a drug, what would it be?

Of course ideally our kids/teenagers would go through life not trying any of these drugs but the reality of it is very different, considering what a large part alcohol plays in our society.

Mine would be weed. I personally feel it is the most natural of all drugs and less addictive too. Its not the most intense of drugs (that ive read, ive never tried anything other than weed, booze and smokes) and the dangers arent as bad as some.

Having said that, i would not encourage my kids to try it but i wouldnt be as disappointed if the did that instead of say heroin or even alcohol.
    I remember seeing a program years ago where psychologist were saying the affects of long term pot smoking was much worse mentally for people than those who did heroin. I've seen first hand my sisters mental state and that of an old friend completely devastate their lives from using pot. It scares me just as much as the word heroin but I too have tried it and used to think nothing of others doing it.

In answer to your question OP I'd say alcohol. In moderation I'd hope. Gee whiz it frightens me that one day my boys may experiment with anything!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (06-02-2014),MissMuppet  (04-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I remember seeing a program years ago where psychologist were saying the affects of long term pot smoking was much worse mentally for people than those who did heroin. I've seen first hand my sisters mental state and that of an old friend completely devastate their lives from using pot. It scares me just as much as the word heroin but I too have tried it and used to think nothing of others doing it.

In answer to your question OP I'd say alcohol. In moderation I'd hope. Gee whiz it frightens me that one day my boys may experiment with anything!!!
    I really is scary isnt it. Thats interesting about the long term effects, i guess most people addicted to heroin dont see LONG term effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you said HAD to, but I'd still say nothing!

My ex best friend is addicted to pot, has been for 15 years+ and I've seen it wear her down.

I've never done drugs, apart from headache tablets and whatever a doctor safely prescribed.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post
    I know you said HAD to, but I'd still say nothing!

My ex best friend is addicted to pot, has been for 15 years+ and I've seen it wear her down.

I've never done drugs, apart from headache tablets and whatever a doctor safely prescribed.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️
    I don't even do those haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    MDMA (ecstasy). It is overall less harmful than alcohol. Yes there have been a few deaths, but much lower proportionally than alcohol-related deaths.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (04-02-2014),River Song  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the thing though, we don't actually know the risks, because the risks are not in the drugs themselves so much as the person using them.

I did most of them at parties as a teen. While many of my mates were quite fine with pot, I wasn't and found it had a very strong negative effect on me. Acid, the same, awfully unpredictable drug. I used to have ecstasy from time to time for festivals and nights out, I'd have half a tablet and that's all I needed all night but some of the boys would have 2 or 3! I would have died on that! I drank and got drunk a fair bit but I was a happy drunk and didn't get to the legless state. I grew out of all that, I was a stressed teenager with a bad home life and didn't respect my parents. But I knew people who grew up to have problems with every single one of those drugs (plus some) and still do. Some people are more prone to addiction than others and therein lies the problem.

Alcohol is currently the biggest 'drug' problem in this country, but it's also by far the most widely used. Many people drink alcohol responsibly, but for those who don't its very damaging. But no-one can tell me pot is 'better' because for me, no way is it. I drink alcohol in moderation with no issues, but if I smoked even one cone I'd be ripped! I find the question impossible to answer for that reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post

Interesting you should say that about the long term effects of heroin. I watched a doco on drugs and they say they don't know the long term effects of heroin... Because no one lives long enough for them to study it. Terrifying!
    That was slightly off topic... Sorry haha

But I definitely agree. Pot does horrific long term damage. It is also a major contributor to conditions such a COPD. Pot is so bad because it leaves so much moisture in your lungs. Not to mention it's a gate way drug, can lead to psychosis etc

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

abibelsmum  (04-02-2014),KaraB  (06-02-2014)