+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lucrin Trigger vs HCG Trigger?

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone has been given Lucrin 30 units as a trigger during a fresh ivf cycle?

Whats the difference between HCG & Lucrin as a trigger?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG is often used as a trigger, but can increase the risk of OHSS if you're prone to that. Lucrin can also be used as a trigger, but doesn't carry that same risk. In the cycle I did in October, my FS wanted to use Lucrin as a trigger as my E2 levels were very high, and if HCG was used the risk of OHSS would have been increased. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Spingrain,

Thanks for your reply. I have always previously used HCG and have never suffered from OHSS, I dont get that many eggs, and they dont fertilise very well either and my E2 levels are always pretty low. I was just curious why my fs would change it. Is using Lucin likely to reduce the number of mature eggs that I get?

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsEmilyS, I don't know about the effect on numbers, my FS didn't specifically mention that, I'm pretty sure something would have been said if it did. On that cycle I got 19 mature out of 20.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MrsEmilyS  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's pretty impressive. What luteal phase support did they have you on? I read that because they aren't using hcg, they need to supplement your estrogen and progesterone or there will be a massive hormone imbalance. Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsEmilyS, I didn't have a fresh transfer that cycle, my FS was concerned about OHSS, and I was doing CGH anyway which take several weeks to come back at my clinic. So not sure about what they'd do if you had a fresh transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @SpringRain :-)