+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I make my own yogurt using a culture I bought from green living Australia (works out to be $25 including postage) the 1 little sachet makes 100litres of yogurt you mix it with almost 1 litre of milk and 1/3 cup of milk powder. Makes beautiful yogurt that I mix with fresh fruit for my girls and they love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Homemade stock

Leftover chicken carcass or chicken bones. Can also use beef or lamb bones
    1 onion
    1 carrot
    Stick or 2 of celery
    Fresh herbs from garden

Place bones & veg in slow cooker and fill with filtered water. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or longer if you prefer a richer flavour.

Add salt at the end to desired taste.

nb: the minerals that leach from the bones are very very good for you, this is a very healthy thing to add to your diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    I make my own yogurt using a culture I bought from green living Australia (works out to be $25 including postage) the 1 little sachet makes 100litres of yogurt you mix it with almost 1 litre of milk and 1/3 cup of milk powder. Makes beautiful yogurt that I mix with fresh fruit for my girls and they love it.
    I'd like to know more about this. My children love yogurt and it's so expensive! What do you make it in? Do you add other things to it? I tried easiyo a few years ago and they weren't keen on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    I'd like to know more about this. My children love yogurt and it's so expensive! What do you make it in? Do you add other things to it? I tried easiyo a few years ago and they weren't keen on it.
    Sorry only just saw this now. I have just been pureeing up 2 mangoes into 500ml yogurt and filling it up in my daughters yogurt pouches, It makes up like a greek yogurt but is nowhere near as tangy as the store bought one. My girls have only ever had sugary fruit yogurts and I thought that they might baulk at the taste of this but they've had no issues and have never asked for their old yogurt. I buy my culture online from greenlivingaustralia and make it up in a easiyo maker. You can flavour however you like pureed apple and cinnamon, jelly crystals, or even just chuck in some frozen blueberries. I guess it's worth a shot anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry only just saw this now. I have just been pureeing up 2 mangoes into 500ml yogurt and filling it up in my daughters yogurt pouches, It makes up like a greek yogurt but is nowhere near as tangy as the store bought one. My girls have only ever had sugary fruit yogurts and I thought that they might baulk at the taste of this but they've had no issues and have never asked for their old yogurt. I buy my culture online from greenlivingaustralia and make it up in a easiyo maker. You can flavour however you like pureed apple and cinnamon, jelly crystals, or even just chuck in some frozen blueberries. I guess it's worth a shot anyway.
    Thanks for the reply so what do I mix the culture with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Thanks for the reply so what do I mix the culture with?
    Just the 1 litre of UHT milk and 1/3 cup skim milk powder. That's it you do that with the tiny tiny bit of culture give it a good shake then fill the easiyo thermos up to just at the hole of the baffle (u don't use as much as when making the easiyo sachets) leave it about 12 hours and ur yogurt is ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the 1 litre of UHT milk and 1/3 cup skim milk powder. That's it you do that with the tiny tiny bit of culture give it a good shake then fill the easiyo thermos up to just at the hole of the baffle (u don't use as much as when making the easiyo sachets) leave it about 12 hours and ur yogurt is ready
    Thanks so much! I'm going to try this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Homemade wash powder

1 cup laundry soap grated (I use sunlight but you can use lux flakes)
    1 cup washing soda
    1/2 cup borax

1tsp for front loaders and 1 tb for top loaders (trust me that's plenty)

Homemade spray and wipe aka miracle spray

1.5 litre water (1 cup boiled)
    300ml vinegar
    60ml dishwashing liquid
    25ml eucalyptus
    3 dessertspoons "Lectric" soda (washing soda)

Method:
    Mix washing soda with about 1 cup boiling water to dissolve, add remaining ingredients, pour into a 2 litre bottle (I use the vinegar ones).

Homemade rockin' green for MCN's
    1 packet washing soda
    1kg tub ecostore laundry stain remover

Mix together. I soak MCN's and cloth pads in this. Just be careful with the ecostore. It is really fine and irritates the respiratory track.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (15-02-2014)