+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Playing sports and swearing

Not sure if I'm over reacting so I need feedback.
    I play mix touch football and I just got a guy on his shirt and he turned around and yelled at me saying "are you ****ing kidding" and he was so angry and I was a bit unsure what to do. I guess his tone and reaction was so full on plus this guy was huge.
    I'm thinking of ringing the club house cause I feel the referee should of said something.
    At the end of the game my husband said "don't talk to me wife like that" and he said "I don't give a ****"
    Seriously it was the first game and they were flogging us!!

Feedback please

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's disgusting sportsmanship. I would definitely report it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You shouldn't have to put up with somebody who is clearly so agressive. I would have a talk to the club manager.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't understand why he yelled at you - did he not expect anyone to touch him during touch football

Some people are just bad sports. If it was me, I'd probably not bother reporting him for a one-off.

He sounds like a big ol' jerk though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah usually I let things slide and don't report but he was such a jerk.
    We are in the lowest division, seriously.
    Plus it was a nice warm night my kids came and they were right there plus other kids too

Yeah I think I will ring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah id call and say something, they can note it down so at sign on next week he can be told to hold his language.

I understand accidentally letting 'oh ****' slip out if you drop the ball or something but not directly swearing at someone and then again at ur husband when he called him out on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    If there is a match report than I'd note it on there, or mention it to the ref at half time. I wouldn't report it unless it was a consistant problem.

Unfortunatley it does seem to be fairly common. I play soccer and we have had things flare up into physical violence before so while it remains at a verbal level- I'm usually ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. I call the club house and they told me to report it. That way if he has a habit of going off they have it on record.
    I did mention the refs should say something to the ones that swear.
    Yes I understand people going off at drop balls etc but it was directed right to my face and this guy was like hulk. It's a bit intimidating
    And especially he shrugged off my husband when he said something and refused to say sorry.
    Seriously it was first game and the other team was flogging us. No need.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi onelasttime, I would have walked off the field. I would be only playing for the social interaction, and that is not the sort of interaction I would want. Don't the refs pull up the junior players if there is aggression?. I would be totally out of there if this was accepted adult behaviour. And to have him then also ignore your husband, no way. I wouldn't bother reporting anything, I would just not be back. Marie.