+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the opposite to most... I love visitors after my bubs... I've never felt like kicking anyone out or that I have to entertain anyone. All my friends and family know that we nap at lunch time and respect that.

I love showing off my bubs and find the first few days after birth the easiest as long as I'm getting naps because of all the happy hormones floating around (it helps that I've always missed out on baby blues...fingers crossed it's the same this time) I also find my newborns most settled in the first week after birth before the colic/reflux seems to kick in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think it helps that the parents in law don't leave their house so they can't just pop in whenever... It may be a different story if they did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Your mum sounds like a sweet heart
    She is! I'd be so lost without her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    no rules for visitors.. I loved introducing my son to family and friends and when I had next baby by C section, my son and my dad met my daughter when she was 15 minutes old... before I got to have cuddles.. didn't worry me in the slightest.. I came home both times to a house full of family and it was nice to share the new baby with everyone and let them bond with the babies... meant I could have a rest /lie down and knew bub was being cuddled ..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    For number 1 I had no rules and was overwhelmed with visitors. I loved seeing them all but in hindsight it would have been better with less so I could have focussed on learning to breastfeed.

With number 2 my only rule was no visitors until DS1 had met his brother. I wanted him to come first and after that was happy for anyone to visit.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no rules. I had a suprise emergency c-section. My parents knew I was staying the night in hospital for monitoring so came to visit me but when they arrived I was being wheeled out from my c-section. It didnt bother me in the slightest and to my knowledge, didnt bother DP either. They honestly didnt know.

The next day though was non stop visitors from morning til evening. Not that i didnt love sharing the moment with them, it was just so so exhausting because I couldnt nap at all. My blood pressure was sky rocketing so the midwives said family only. I think next time i'll let close family know first and have everyone else visit after a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH & I have agreed that only my parents & his mum get told when I go into labour. Only them & my sister allowed to the hospital & visitors at home only with warning when we say so. I have seen my sis struggle to keep her eyes open with a room full of aunts/uncles & trying to BF a newborn them left with a big mess of dirty tea cups etc. I'm not doing it don't care if anyone gets upset! My mum is a midwife so I want her in town in case anything goes wrong & I need her to come bust some balls at the hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post

Once we got home though we had a rule that people had to wash their hands with alcohol hand wash before coming in (DS was born in that swine flu season and I was paranoid) we had a sign on the door and a bottle of handwash on the table in the entry way.
    That reminds me... My parents visited when bub was 8 weeks old. I had hand sanitizer out too. Dad got diarreah, use the hand sanitizer and said "can I hold bub now?" ---- errrr no way in heck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had decided to only tell parents we were in labour. My BFF got her nose a bit out of joint that she didn't know but she got over it. It was a bit hard as I was there when she had her DS 6 years before but she realised I'm different than her.

We had initially decided no visitors at the birth centre as we were only in overnight but then decided to ask MIL, FIL and SIL to come to the hospital the night he was born. He was born at 8am and they came at 6pm so wed had plenty of time to rest.

Then my sister and her family came the next day when we had gotten home about an hour before, but it was fine, they bought us lunch and didn't stay long and I'm really comfy in front of my sis and BIL. Then my mum and dad came that night for dinner and mum bought a big roast for us and cleaned after and left leftovers. Was awesome!!

The only problem I had was on day 3 my BFF came and didn't leave for 3 hours! I was exhausted but didn't feel like I could ask her to leave.

I would probably do things the same spreading them out this time, just noone at the birth centre as we will only stay 4 hours ish.

What we did well was went to my parents/IL's for arvo tea when DS was a couple of weeks old. Meant that close yet more extended family got to meet him but I didn't have to host it and we just left when we wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had 1 couple of visitors per day (so 7 people over a 3 days stay). I found the hospital stay quite overwhelming already with all the medical visits... My aim was to cuddle and rest with my newborn and I couldn't picture myself having visitor while in bed.

Next time I think we will have even less visitors.

(I should add that we have no family here)