+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yep plenty of rules here! I had a csec and didn't want any visitors while I was still feeling like absolute crap.
    - didn't tell anyone (bar about 4 really trustworthy people.... Not parents!) that we were having a csec on a certain date.
    - had csec around lunch time, didn't tell anyone until early evening (too late to travel)
    - hubby sent the announcement message out to close friends, with a clause saying something like mum and bub still recovering should be up for visitors by day 3 (2nd day after csec).
    - snuck my bestie in a day early
    - only close friends came to the hospital and all checked in with hubby first
    - no overnight visitors at home for 4 weeks after bub (I didn't know how I was going to cope).

Most People were fine. I think my mother had her nose out of joint a tiny bit that I didn't tell her the csec date but I don't care. She is a gossip and my father is a stalker. My father cracked it that he wasn't allowed to stay overnight a couple of weeks after the birth as he had conveniently booked an appointment in my town. Tough.

With nr 2 I think we will do the same thing. Except I want DS to meet the baby before anyone else (apart from hubby). My father has already booked another 'appointment' in my town for 2 weeks after my due date but I told him he would have to get a hotel. (He is lazy and a high maintenance guest).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm booked in for an elective this month and I really don't want people up at the hospital. Mum is looking after DS , so she knows and I wouldn't stop her coming up or my dad and DS. I've only got 3 friends I will be notifying to visit, because they are close to my heart and love having them around . fil will probably visit (mil I don't speak to) so I doubt I'll see her . Both SIL might visit . Last cs everyone came up and I was overwhelmed and exhausted.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We asked for no visitors at hospital and both times I was home after 2 days. Family I was fine to visit as soon as I was home. Friends I asked to visit after about 2 weeks. No one was upset or offended. Most people who have had kids would understand I imagine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had DS at a hospital really close to my inlaws and cause I had a c-section and had to be in recovery for half an hour - dh's family got to hold him before i did. This took me years to get over tbh.

With dd I made sure everyone new that we will let them know when the baby was born but we will call them when I was back from recovery, cleaned up and had a bit of time to spend with the new baby. We also wanted DS to meet her first.

No one got bent out of shape to my knowledge...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, no rules here. The more (visitors) the merrier!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Meld85;7652041]We had DS at a hospital really close to my inlaws and cause I had a c-section and had to be in recovery for half an hour - dh's family got to hold him before i did. This took me years to get over tbh./QUOTE]

I'm sorry @Meld85, that would be so devastating

I was lucky that I gave birth at midnight so no visitors straight away. He went to NICU so I didn't have many visitors at the hospital.

Next time I will be not allowing extended family to visit for a few weeks as they all showed up the day I got home from hospital. I loved that they were excited but I needed time to process being home with a new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't really have any rules, except I didn't want anyone with me in labour except DH.

In retrospect I should have been explicit that I didn't want visitors straightaway as my parents were sitting out in the car park and then came straight in and wanted to see her. I was still in the birthing suite, I wish I hadn't agreed to it and it was just DD and DH and I

After that I was fine and wanted visitors because I got very lonely in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a rule of only DH with me during labour. Mil got her nose out of joint with this one because she's a midwife and thought that she would be delivering the baby. Even me saying I wouldn't have my mum there either (mum didn't care) didn't make her any happier.
    Then we just wanted people to check before visiting. Not that we had many visitors. Just DH's family - mil twice a day because she was working nights so would drop in before and after her shift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, none here! However, my parents were the only family in Australia at the time and I was happy for them to visit us all in the birthing suite just after DS was born. Would have been happy for MIL to visit us in the ward afterwards but they didn't arrive in the country until he was 4 weeks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only rule we really had was only DH with me during labour. My Step MIL and FIL and there three teenage/young adult kids came in while I was still in birthing room, all yucky and un showered. I had no idea at the time they were coming right away but now I'm glade they did as they have all been the most loving and supporting grandparents/aunties/uncles to DS over the past two years. I think it's different if people want to visit right away out of love/excitement as opposed to wanting to be the first/gossiping material.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw