Yep plenty of rules here! I had a csec and didn't want any visitors while I was still feeling like absolute crap.
- didn't tell anyone (bar about 4 really trustworthy people.... Not parents!) that we were having a csec on a certain date.
- had csec around lunch time, didn't tell anyone until early evening (too late to travel)
- hubby sent the announcement message out to close friends, with a clause saying something like mum and bub still recovering should be up for visitors by day 3 (2nd day after csec).
- snuck my bestie in a day early
- only close friends came to the hospital and all checked in with hubby first
- no overnight visitors at home for 4 weeks after bub (I didn't know how I was going to cope).
Most People were fine. I think my mother had her nose out of joint a tiny bit that I didn't tell her the csec date but I don't care. She is a gossip and my father is a stalker. My father cracked it that he wasn't allowed to stay overnight a couple of weeks after the birth as he had conveniently booked an appointment in my town. Tough.
With nr 2 I think we will do the same thing. Except I want DS to meet the baby before anyone else (apart from hubby). My father has already booked another 'appointment' in my town for 2 weeks after my due date but I told him he would have to get a hotel. (He is lazy and a high maintenance guest).