+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ideally I'd like 4 days within school hours so 20hrs per week. However I've been looking for work for 8 months and just can't be choosey in what I can do. Having health problems, I have to be picky in what type of jobs I can do. I was doing childcare but my health got worst so fingers crossed I can get back into travel consultant work or office work.

Single mum to DS (5y.o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work 3 days 8 hour shifts a week, any day morning, day, evening and night shifts. The shift side is hard from an organisational point of view but the amount is perfect for my young family. When this one due in April gets to full time school I'd like to pick up a fourth day as from a career point of view I feel like I'm treading water, which is fine my family need and deserve me, but down the track I'd like a little more I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm working 16 hrs pw 3 days a week. Hoping to go down 2 @ 16hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I teach three days a week - paid for 15 hours but equates to much more time than that with prep, marking, meetings, parent contact, etc. I often do a supply day as well so usually a four day week. I really really really enjoy my permanent day off with DS2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I work full time, but my ideal (if I didn't need the money), would be 9:30 to 3:00pm Monday to Friday. I love working every day but I'd love to be able to pick my eldest up from school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsLiving View Post
    I've just applied for a school job 9 - 3pm, 3 days a week. Hoping I'll atleast get an interview, i think those hours would be manageable, especially to have the luxury of still being able to pick the kids up from school every day. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do 25 hours a week, based around my DS kindy days, so I work shorter days on his kindy days and longer days on his day care days. As a result I get one day off a week, so when he goes to kindy on his alternate day I get a day to myself! Woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm fortunate that my employers let me choose what days and shifts I wanted to return to... I'm doing every wed/thur 630-130 and 1 Sunday a fortnight 630-230, daddy daughter day and good penalty rates
    I'm do pleased to do these hours and means I'll always be there to pick dd up and spend dinner together- I'd rather miss the mornings lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i currently work 9am til 5pm monday to wedneday, daycare costs alot even with rebate.

but when my eldest goes to school im going to have to change my hours lucky i work do shift work so i can change hours easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment my work situation suits me and my family well. I work Mondays, Fridays and every second Saturday morning and I average about 19 hours per week. Once DD2 is in pre-primary I will probably seek an extra day. I'm also studying one uni unit per semester and this will also increase down the track.

I'm a firm believer that each family has its own suitable situation. What works for one family may not work for another.