+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    Well, I got an interview with the creator and director of the film above and have written an article featuring RedCastle Productions and the film "One Decision" for my website.

Isaac Barker, RedCastle Productions and I are going to promote the article/film and I'm going to contact as many morning shows, news teams and media shows once its published to try and get the film on Australian television.

Wish me luck as much as it hurt to watch it, I thinks it's something more Australians need to see.
    Thats fantastic! It's brilliantly done, and they took the time to explain the whole process of how it was made and the reasons why they did it.

When I first saw it I thought of what an impact it would make on parents, and how it's so much more effective at getting the message out there. It's the sort of thing that should air as a community announcement on each channel during peak viewing times, or even as a safety video during antenatal classes and on maternity wards. I know our hospital had a safe sleeping dvd that all mums were supposed to be required to watch, before heading home (along with a copy) but I didn't see it enforced
    I really think that something like this, safe sleeping and water safety should be mandatory viewing as part of being discharged, along with a first aid booklet.

It's graphic, it's upsetting, and it's exactly the boot in the bum some parents need judging by the last few months.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    Thats fantastic! It's brilliantly done, and they took the time to explain the whole process of how it was made and the reasons why they did it.

When I first saw it I thought of what an impact it would make on parents, and how it's so much more effective at getting the message out there. It's the sort of thing that should air as a community announcement on each channel during peak viewing times, or even as a safety video during antenatal classes and on maternity wards. I know our hospital had a safe sleeping dvd that all mums were supposed to be required to watch, before heading home (along with a copy) but I didn't see it enforced
    I really think that something like this, safe sleeping and water safety should be mandatory viewing as part of being discharged, along with a first aid booklet.

It's graphic, it's upsetting, and it's exactly the boot in the bum some parents need judging by the last few months.
    I 100% agree!

I've recieved the completed interview back. He's answered everything thoroughly.

If I can get enough attention then contacting the media should have more success

The film itself has already had over 4 million views and I've been given permission to use a still from the film itself as the featured image so i believe it will do well.

It is very well done and perfect for Australia. I hope I can get it on TV!
    Last edited by Kiplusthree; 16-02-2014 at 15:15. Reason: Yup, still tired... and I call myself a writer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read the article but stories like this make me sick. I'm in Melbourne who's just got over the heat wave, I didn't even send my daughter to school through it as I preferred her home inside with constant air con, stripped down and am able to keep her fluids up, yet people still keep kids in the car on these days, WTF!

I can't understand how this still happens, I will never forget when I was about 12 and went to the local milkbar when a lady came running in with her baby who was bright red, in and out of consciousness and and poor mum was hysterical and it was due to the baby being in its seat backwards in the car while she quickly ate her fish and chips, that's just how quickly it can happen.

I've also had to call police after finding a toddler asleep in the back of the car, just as emergency came and smashed the window the mum came running back (as security did a call over) with shopping bags from many different shops, wasn't even a quick dash to Woolies to grab something.

People like this don't deserve kids, yes kids can be a major inconvenience at times and parenting is the hardest job in the world, but when we choose to bring life into this world and then commit to raising it, we need to accept this and adjust things accordingly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (17-02-2014)