+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Sorry I am a bit lost here.

Your boss can't tell you who can and can't tell your pregnant and at 20 weeks most people can tell that you are.

. You need to leave one way or the other for both your and the kids of your class benefit.

As for Husband I am sure he just wants what is best for you and your baby.

Have a chat to your boss again and than see a Dr if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only been there a week. I have been told about theboys in this class, they are feral to everyone, I really don't see the situation improving. If I simply resignv van, my partner will get so angry at me, yet with a doctors request I feel he will be more accepting. Im just scared the doctor will say no, I am on the verge of a mental breakdown from stress, sounds like im exagerrating but I am so upset, this one class has me scared for my safety

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your partner sounds very unsupportive to the point where he is endangering your mental health and well being. You need to talk to him and hopefully he sees reason.

Resigning is the only logical option in my view. The end result is exactly the same as you'll not get any paid leave or a job to go back to anyway.

Perhaps see if he will come to the GP
    with you to discuss together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you a union member? This is definitely something you could take to them, if your admin is not being supportive. Being in that temperature is not good for you or your baby - increased core temp is an easy way to kill a foetus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regardless of how long you have been there this is certainly a health & safety issue and it needs to be taken seriously by the principal. Document everything that occurs (as close to the time it occurs as possible) and work safe if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you not know what you were in for prior to taking the position?
    Doesn't sound like you have given the position much of a chance. A week!
    If you talked to the principal I am sure they would make a more suitable arrangement. Probably the reason your partner isn't being very supportive right now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (03-02-2014),SHAELEEJANE  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurprise View Post
    Are you a union member? This is definitely something you could take to them, if your admin is not being supportive. Being in that temperature is not good for you or your baby - increased core temp is an easy way to kill a foetus.
    It doesn't sound like she has even talked to work so I don't think they're being unsupportive?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

SHAELEEJANE  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How were you before the school year started? Were you anxious and upset or was everything fine?
    - If you were having problems before the term started I would resign, as chances are you would still be anxious regardless of what changes the school made.
    - If things were fine beforehand I would take my concerns to the principal. You shouldn't be standing outside in 36 degree heat. Heck the students shouldn't be either. And you shouldn't be pushed in the stomach. If you were I an curious as to why charges haven't been laid? If you don't get any luck from the principal then go to the union.

Talk to your hubby. If he's not likely to want to listen/be understanding then it sounds like you have bigger issues at play. Could this be feeding your anxiousness? CounsellIng may help.

Good luck

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (02-02-2014),NewMrs  (02-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speak to your dr about everything you've said here. They will be able to give you advice and then you will have some information from a medical professional to discuss with your prin eg as recommended by my dr I need to.... Are you able to accomodate this? Can we negotiate some alternative arrangements? Your dr may recommend you stop altogether which given your posts would not surprise me tbh. Or the school may be able to be flexible enough to make arrangements to get you through term 1. You sound very stressed and for the sake of a couple if months in the grander scheme of things I'd go with what you really want to do. Do what's right for yours and your bubs health, you won't regret it.

Can I ask are you state system?
    Last edited by babyla; 02-02-2014 at 19:50.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

kw123  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a Catholic school, I know I have only been there a week but I didnt sign up for feral students who hit teachers then laugh about it when I wince from pain. And the principal knows im pregnant but hasn't made any effort to help me, with sport atleast I shouldnt have been in the sun for 2 hours. I think I am going to see how this class is tomorrow if it is just as bad il be seeing the principal after