+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    People always have an oppinion on it I guess, good or bad. I'm mostly worried about my mother in law, I think it may stem back to the fact that she lost her 3rd child, so she just had the 2 in the end because she couldn't bare doing it again after losing that one. I respect that (she's never said this) but i'm just assuming it could be a reason she's so against it?
    She was abit iffy when we announced our 3rd, she actually was horrible when we fell pregnant for the actual 3rd time which we miscarried 1 week later and Hubby was furious at her for being so negative toward the pregnancy, so when we finally did fall again with our DS1 she was a lot better but we told her we were done now... so I'm really scared to tell her when the time comes, and it's not really something we could avoid because we see her so often and I love her regardless it's just she has different views to me, I've always wanted a big family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's awful Tot you'd think she'd be more supportive of you both after losing a child herself. You shouldn't have to feel judged by the people closest to you. They should know you best and thus treat you with love and respect not judgement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kara, I think it's because nobody in her family has more than 3 kids, her mum had 3, her brother and sister only had 2 each as well as her. My side is different, my mum would be happy, she comes from a family of 4 herself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TotSnot For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (02-02-2014)

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always get told how crazy but lucky I am and that my kids are always happy and friendly and I have 6 kids but I am blessed and thankful that I have a big family

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumbron For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (02-02-2014),TotSnot  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get offended by comments...especially "Are you crazy?" but I have become to realise its mostly just a lack of understanding and now just shrug it off. In my old age I have become less focused on what other people think and just get on with the job.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my-fab5 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (02-02-2014),TotSnot  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can be really hard when family are negative, we waited longer & longer to share the news the more we had, it's funny though , my mother would be really negative to us but brag to her friends?? Hard to figure that one out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend is one of 6 siblings and people often assume they are a catholic family just based on that fact! She is amused by it though. She is an atheist!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of 9
    No we're not catholic haha, common question.

I absolutely love being part of a big family. I feel that we are a lot closer than most families and we appreciate the smaller things in life more than others too. I'm so glad my parents made the decision to have so many children. It's like having 8 best friends!
    Also it gets to a point where the older children can help with the younger so it's not actually too difficult to parent so many! Or at least that's what mum tells me.

We have ages ranging from 26 to 4, and there are 8 girls!

I won't lie, people do question my mother if she is serious when she says she has 9 kids.. They then proceed to tell her she is super woman! I completely agree with this. The love of a child is such a precious thing and my mother is grateful she gets to experience that from so many hearts.

The only down side to it, according to mum haha, is that now at 45 she has 3 grandchildren and one on the way, and her youngest isn't even at school yet. (Actually, two of the grandchildren are older than my little sister!) oh also, mum wishes she had gotten her licence as it may have been easier when she was home with us, and it would have been easier to have 2 cars. Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to answer/read later :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing ❤️