Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 year old:
    Gets me a nappy/wipes for a change
    Puts nappy/rubbish in the bin
    Puts dishes in the sink
    I help her pack up her toys
    I usually clean her teeth and then let her have a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I expect my 19 month old to take rubbish OUT of the bin...he is obsessed with this.

I expect him to throw inappropriate items in the toilet...ie, coins, glue bottles, toilet rolls...etc....anything except poo and wee.

I expect him to pull his nappies out of the lovely, well organised pile I have stacked and throw them all over the floor...I also expect to have to chase him to change his nappy.

Oh, and he isn't interested in feeding himself with a spoon etc but he does like to paint his high chair in foods with his fingers and throw his bowl on the floor.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 03-02-2014 at 20:37.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (03-02-2014),KaraB  (03-02-2014),Mokeybear  (03-02-2014),Purple Lily  (03-02-2014),River Song  (03-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (03-02-2014),sneakyone  (03-02-2014),Wise Enough  (03-02-2014),~Marigold~  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I expect my 19 month old to take rubbish OUT of the bin...he is obsessed with this.

I expect him to throw inappropriate items in the toilet...ie, coins, glue bottles, toilet rolls...etc....anything except poo and wee.

I expect him to pull his nappies out of the lovely, well organised pile I have stacked and throw them all over the floor...I also expect to have to chase him to change his nappy.

Oh, and he isn't interested in feeding himself with a spoon etc but he does like to paint his high chair in foods with his fingers and throw his bowl on the floor.

Lmfao!!! Ditto!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

100% this lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow toddlers that do dishes, bath themselves, make their own bed. My fella is not 12 months yet but when he's a toddler I'll try to make it fun to help do stuff like get the washing in, put his toys away, put his plate in the sink but I want him to be a kid and play and have fun. As he gets to school age we'll give him some chores and start teaching him to help make dinner like getting out ingredients etc.

I must be old fashioned but I'm his mum, I like doing things for him. I don't want to spoil him, I want him to learn a family is a team but I don't want him doing housework or having to be independent at 3. Kids already grow up way too fast in my humble opinion..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My 19mth old
    Feeds herself, takes herself to the toilet (mostly), helps pack up toys, picks pegs up of the floor/hands up to me, puts her dirty clothes in the wash, puts her plate back on the kitchen bench after meals and washes herself in the bath (not well at all). I still wipe her bum after the toilet, pick her clothes and dress her and make her bed.

My 3.5yo toilets herself, wipes her own bum (mostly but occ asks for help), packs toys away (if I specify exactly what each time), picks her own clothes and dresses herself (usually the same fairy outfit), puts on her shoes, washes herself in the bath, puts away her dirty clothes in the wash and makes her bed every morning.

I try to include them in whatever jobs I'm doing. Like HOF the kids help me when I'm cleaning. They have they sponges/chux and we do it together. No new activity can start unless the previous one is packed up and put away.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That is exceptional regarding your 19 month old!

My 18 month old gets me a nappy and wipes but I don't "expect" it. She also puts rubbish in the bin and has taken her plate after her meal and attempted to put the leftovers in it but ended up making a mess and missing the bin lol. I thought it was cute that she tried though.
    I don't really expect her to do anything at her age just yet. She is still learning/understanding right from wrong. She does alot for her age- brushes teeth, feeds herself, takes it upon herself to kiss each family goodnight and toddles off to her bedroom each night (I still put her to bed as well, but she knows her bed time routine), hands me "yuckies" that she finds and knows she shouldn't touch, but she doesn't have any responsibilities and I don't "make" her do anything yet.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 03-02-2014 at 21:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Wow toddlers that do dishes, bath themselves, make their own bed. My fella is not 12 months yet but when he's a toddler I'll try to make it fun to help do stuff like get the washing in, put his toys away, put his plate in the sink but I want him to be a kid and play and have fun. As he gets to school age we'll give him some chores and start teaching him to help make dinner like getting out ingredients etc.

I must be old fashioned but I'm his mum, I like doing things for him. I don't want to spoil him, I want him to learn a family is a team but I don't want him doing housework or having to be independent at 3. Kids already grow up way too fast in my humble opinion..
    You might find you have a 3 year old 'helper' whether you plan on it or not. 😊

DS does his own version of all of the above of his own volition and gets upset if anyone tries to help him. I'd hazard a guess that most people who have posted about their kids doing things independently have encouraged this through fun and lots of positivity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    You might find you have a 3 year old 'helper' whether you plan on it or not. 😊

DS does his own version of all of the above of his own volition and gets upset if anyone tries to help him. I'd hazard a guess that most people who have posted about their kids doing things independently have encouraged this through fun and lots of positivity.
    I'm sure I will as he's already fascinated watching me vacuum or fold washing

I'm prob just more interested in teaching music and other things through play rather than too many chores. Trying to teach things like brushing teeth,taking shoes off, putting dirty washing in the bin is a good start
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 03-02-2014 at 21:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    That is exceptional regarding your 19 month old!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    She just copies her older sister. I'm trying to instill good habits ie clearing up after themselves. My Dh is shocking so I'm trying to get them into the habit.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (03-02-2014)