+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Fingers crossed that it all happens for you this afternoon and tonight!

But, if not, I'll tell you about my induction. My Ob had planned to break my waters and then put me on the drip after I began bleeding and wasn't going into labour. I was so worried that morning, scared about what was ahead. But once she broke my waters I felt incredibly calm - this was it, my baby was coming! And then I just didn't worry about what was next - DH and I did our own thing, went for a long walk, I bounced on the fit ball etc.

I did need the drip but even then we just worked around it, dragging the IV pole around as we walked.

So I guess I'd say be aware and informed (and it sounds like you are), but focus on what's happening at the time and take it as it comes.

Best of luck for a beautiful birth xx.

Me, he and our two boys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister had an induction and it was a beautiful and smooth paced labour and she loved it 100x more than her natural one which ended in bubs being forceps. Good luck and rest up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my last 2 babies I went in to have the gel inserted and both times they found I was already 1- 2 cms dilated, so no need for the gel, the following morning they broke my waters and that was all that was needed to get things started. No need for drip etc, I was able to have an active drug/intervention free births.

It sounds like your body is getting ready anyway, so you may find that you don't need too much assistance, by tomorrow morning things could have progressed more than you expect.

Best wishes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my second I was due for induction Monday morning after my waters had broken on the Saturday. I was so disheartened & was thinking of canceling the induction. Before I went to bed on the Sunday night I had a long chat with DH about what was best for our baby & decided to go ahead with the induction. I was due at the hospital at 7am. However at 4.30am I woke in full blown labour & DS2 was born at 9.19am with no induction at all. It was amazing & I felt because I was at peace with what was happening my body relaxed & went into labour. Good luck! I know how hard it is to be in your situation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyMonkey1 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know you are annoyed your body's not doing what you want it to and I understand that, my bio DS was induced at 10 days over, but whatever happens you are going to meet your baby tomorrow. How wonderful!!!! Hopefully nature speeds up for you but if not good wishes for tomorrow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    (((Hugs))) I've been exactly in the same position as you are in. 12 days over, induction booked for the next morning, nothing happening. I really didn't want the induction, but made my peace, knowing that bub would be coming in the next day or so. 5pm that night my waters spontaneously ruptured, full on labour started at 2am and I was cuddling my newest addition at 6:30am, 30 mins before I was meant to be at the hospital for my induction.
    I hope that it happens for you too

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    We r back from our swim now, I'm so exhausted so having a lie down and listening to my Hypno birthing cd.

MW asked me what I wanted to do, I said I'd like to try gel first and see what happens. I have to be there 7am tomorrow.

That's all I really know

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My close friend went in post dates and just had gel and her labour was fab, I think when you are *this* far past your EDD most women just need a little nudge xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know things haven't unfolded how you would have hoped but I'm getting really excited about the impending announcement!

Best of luck for tomorrow, you will be holding your little newby very very soon xxxxxxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much to everyone for all the encouragement and positive stories.

I was ********* the rainbow relaxation while I rested but the silly thing kept stopping I couldn't listen to the whole thing unfortunately but I did end up falling asleep for a while.

Still nothing happening here but I feel a bit more rested now.

Ill get up now and see what DH is doing. Maybe we can do something that takes my mind off things for a while. It's so darn hot today though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    We r back from our swim now, I'm so exhausted so having a lie down and listening to my Hypno birthing cd.

MW asked me what I wanted to do, I said I'd like to try gel first and see what happens. I have to be there 7am tomorrow.

That's all I really know

The gel worked twice for me, no need for any other intervention for both labours and they were both 5 hours from start to finish so being induced has its positives
    Also, you're so lucky to be going in nice and early.
    On my last DS I was induced at night (9:30pm when im ususlaly tucked up in bed) and in labour by 3am with no sleep since the night before.
    Very inconsiderate I think, so I'm happy to hear you're not being made do that.

Best of luck, I hope whatever happens that it's all over quick.
    We'll all be thinking of you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)