+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Looks like I'm being induced tomorrow :(

So I was supposed to be induced on Friday but I managed to convince them to let me wait until monday. So here I am 12 days overdue and looks like this is it.

I'm so disappointed in my body for not bringing on labour in its own. I've tried everything to bring it on as well like DTD, acupuncture, pressure points, curry, pineapple, raspberry leaf, walking, and prob some other stuff I can't think of right now

I am fine with being induced tomorrow (kind of) as I wouldn't want to go past 42 weeks anyway, I have just been praying every flippin day that it would all happen on its own and it hasn't, so it's left me so disheartened, ****ed off and depressed.

I am not in a good place right now so I wanted to ask for some tips for helping me get through induction.

I don't want to whinge, I'm normally a pretty positive person but I'm so disappointed in my body for not doing what it's meant to do.

In Thursday I ha a stretch and sweep after really not wanting one (see other thread) but it ended up not being too bad, and then had no symptoms until yesterday when I started losing my plug. I woke at 4 this morning with a really achy body like when I have bad period pain and I thought this could be the start, but no.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll be fine there is nothing wrong with being induced just do what is best for you and bub! You will forget all about it after seeing that precious little face x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Your body still has time. I have been exactly where you are right now.

My advice spend the day resting. Seriously relax enjoy your day. I know sounds crazy after everything you done to go into labour. You will need your strength for when you do go in.

In my experience this has actually sent me into labour naturally. Because your relaxing and allowing your body to do it is thing rather all tense and full of worry.

As for the induction itself I have had to really great ones. They were the one of my lestest painful births. Don't stress about it as stress makes you tense and that makes it more painful. Relax.

Get hubby to give you a nice long foot rub.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (02-02-2014),SAgirl  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree! There is still time, I had stopped trying everything and it's when it started. It's near impossible to lie and not think about it but watch some girlie movies and have a naughty snack plus HEAPS of water to prep yourself and who knows...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many of us know exactly how you feel and it's awful you poor thing!
    As painful as the contractions were from being induced I was actually happy as something was finally happening, if you know what I mean.
    Enjoy your last day of rest, from tmw you'll be back in the squishy newborn stage xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs! Same as everyone else said... Don't stress, relax! There is still time for you to have baby naturally!

Also, I was given sleeping pills to take the night before my induction, they wanted me to get a lot of sleep and come in relaxed, well rested and ready to have a baby.. Oh and as a pp, drink lots of fluids today so you're well hydrated too.

You'll do great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I will try my best to relax. It's just so hard when I want to do it all as naturally as possible as my body just isn't cooperating

I know at the end of the day bubs health etc is the most important, it's just so frustrating

DH is taking DS, myself and mum for a swim up at the aquatic centre so hopefully that will relax me a bit.

All my period that I had is now gone I've also hardly had any BH today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    To help relax think about this.

Get dh to make a tight stressy fist. Now try to open his fingers. It hard work. Now get just hold his fingers closed but with no pressure (no stress) now try to open his fingers. It easier. This is your cervix try and just relax it as much as possible.

Laying in the pool is great. Sitting and relaxing is better than laying down.
    Enjoy your day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

JR03  (02-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Your body still has time. I have been exactly where you are right now.

My advice spend the day resting. Seriously relax enjoy your day. I know sounds crazy after everything you done to go into labour. You will need your strength for when you do go in.

In my experience this has actually sent me into labour naturally. Because your relaxing and allowing your body to do it is thing rather all tense and full of worry.

As for the induction itself I have had to really great ones. They were the one of my lestest painful births. Don't stress about it as stress makes you tense and that makes it more painful. Relax.

Get hubby to give you a nice long foot rub.
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    To help relax think about this.

Get dh to make a tight stressy fist. Now try to open his fingers. It hard work. Now get just hold his fingers closed but with no pressure (no stress) now try to open his fingers. It easier. This is your cervix try and just relax it as much as possible.

Laying in the pool is great. Sitting and relaxing is better than laying down.
    Enjoy your day.
    Beautiful advice from anewme

I had my DD at 41+5, nothing, nada all day, had a check up with MW who told me to go home and have a baby, had lunch, went home, had a cry, had a nap, woke up in labour, popped a baby out less than 12 hours after my check up. It CAN happen, but if it doesn't than you have a good back up plan, hopefully you can just get a bit of a gentle kick start and be on your way, do you know what the plan is for your induction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We r back from our swim now, I'm so exhausted so having a lie down and listening to my Hypno birthing cd.

MW asked me what I wanted to do, I said I'd like to try gel first and see what happens. I have to be there 7am tomorrow.

That's all I really know