+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Coming off pill with pcos

Hi
    I have pcos and just decided to come off the pill because u just dont want to be on it anymore. Not ttc yet but we use condoms.

What did u notice when coming off the pill? Any symptoms at all? Just worry my hair will start falling out or something. . Do I need to be on the pill to not have hair falling etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kim, my main issue coming off the pill with pcos is that my cycles were all over the place. Some months about 34 days but then an 8 month stretch of no AF. Getting back on track with lots of exercise and a low GI diet helped my cycles become reasonably regular again. I didn't notice any other symptoms though. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were your cycles regular before going on the pill?

I used to take a progesterone only pill. It only took a few months for my cycles to become fairly regular. They were a fair bit longer than on the pill, but they settled into somewhere between 30-36 days.

Apart from some pretty painful periods with heavier flow to begin with I didn't notice any other side effects of coming off it.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    When I came off the pill I had normal cycles for 3 months then I went to really long cycles. It's a good idea to come off the pill early with pcos as it can take your body a while to sort itself out and for you to see what you are dealing with. I only ovulated once in 16 months after coming off the pill and that was with help.

It might depend on your symptoms before you went on the pill as to what will happen after. You might have the same symptoms return.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    I was never regular really before starting the pill as far as I can remember..
    I was a teenager still so I suppose my body never had time to get my hormones right. .
    I hope that doesnt mean teenage acne again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was only on the pill for a year, but I only noticed my PCOS got worse afterwards and had bad acne, longer cycles, misplaced libido (still trying to locate).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I was only on the pill for a year, but I only noticed my PCOS got worse afterwards and had bad acne, longer cycles, misplaced libido (still trying to locate).

Ahh thats what im worried about! Acne.. how long did it take for it to pop up again? Im at 2 weeks free of the pill and so far so good

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a few years ago now - but I don't think it took too long. I know post-baby it usually takes about 3months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Ahh thats what im worried about! Acne.. how long did it take for it to pop up again? Im at 2 weeks free of the pill and so far so good
    Hi Kim85, acne is one of my big issues and I have struggled with it all my life until I found the right pill for me. When I came off the pill to ttc dd I was ok for around 4/5 and unfortunately that's when it hit. I went back on the pill after having dd and it took around 4 months for my acne to go away too, since coming off the pill again ttc no.2 I have been on metformin and it has helped heaps with my acne, I still get a few phases when it sticks around for a week or so but on the whole it much better than last time ttc. Hope this isn't the case for you and the acne stays at bay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst thing I ever did!
    I went off the pill late last year. I have put several kgs on,my hair is falling out, I have hair growing on my upper lip, chin and neck and my skin is a zitty oil slick!