+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hospital stay and hospital bag

I cant remember what the midwife said but when you have your second child do you have to supply everything for bubs? Like clothes, wraps, nappies etc. Im pretty sure thats what she said. If so do i take a whole box of nappies to the hospital with me or pack some in a bag?
    And how big is too big for a hospital bag? Im worried im going to pack more things than i actually need and bring a huge bag for nothing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hospital doesn't provide any of those things, except maybe a blanket to use in hospital. With dd I took a small bag of nappies, around 36 in a pack I think. I had about two-three left after a 4 night stay. I took a small pack of wipes as well. All her own clothes and I took a few wraps too. Got hubby to bring in more supplies while we were there as we ran short.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends how long you stay, take a couple singlets, jumpsuits, (depending on weather) wraps, nappies, wipes, blanket(weather) and of course your toiletries. Hospitals don't provide anything except emergency wrap and a piece of clothing.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm due any day now.

I have 2 tshirts & shorts for me, a stack of undies, toiletries and a hairdryer. it fits into a carry on suitcase.

My baby bag is chokkers, i have probably 12 onesies in there, some long some short sleeved, lots of singlets too. Also a bunch of nappies (hospital supplies them), a dummy if needed, breast & maternity pads, sudocrem, amolin, paw paw ointment (so much cream lol) and a blanket and muslin wrap for when going home.

I think that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital supplies nightshirts, cloth nappies, blankets, booties, beanies, wipes, sanitary pads etc for everyone no matter of its your first or third baby. I would call the midwives to check what they have for you.